Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******MORNING THREAD 4/21 ****************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Went yesterday and had 22ml of fluid removed off my knee and had a steroid injection. Procedure took about 25 min. The Dr is a miracle worker. Can't believe how much better my knee feels and now have flexibility again.
Kid's school is cancelled until the Fall. Not sure how it will affect the Youth sports as most use the school facilities for their events. Hopefully by then, the social distancing and more than 10 gathering orders will be lifted.

Fordman

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hello everyone. Making coffee and I plan on heating up cinnamon rolls my wife made.080C6B3D-45C1-4401-A6CF-0551AC16683B.jpeg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all. Shipments at work have slowed way down this week. The initial hysteria of Covid-19 has worn off and now they aren't needing beans as bad. Although did have a couple of guys come in yesterday and they each bought over 200 pounds of beans to put in their basements

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Afternoon all!

Still sorting my ‘19 Donruss sets from last week, man am I lazy.

@clarkzac

May I ask, what the heck does someone do with 200lbs of beans? And in their basement? Is that dry storage for food use?

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning all. Shipments at work have slowed way down this week. The initial hysteria of Covid-19 has worn off and now they aren't needing beans as bad. Although did have a couple of guys come in yesterday and they each bought over 200 pounds of beans to put in their basements

What does one do with 200lbs of beans?
Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Afternoon all!

Still sorting my ‘19 Donruss sets from last week, man am I lazy.

@clarkzac

May I ask, what the heck does someone do with 200lbs of beans? And in their basement? Is that dry storage for food use?

Just store them for future consumption. Odds are the dry beans you find in store are generally going to be a year old by the time they reach the stores, if not older. As long as they stay dry they will be good for years. Recently though I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff hitting the shelves are from the 2019 crop, as for a short while there customers were buying them like crazy. We don't specialize in the small, grocery store packaging. A lot of our stuff is exported or they will go to a third party packer who then packages them in the 1 pound packages for stores. It's a lot easier to put 2000 pounds in a tote, and 22 totes on a truck than it is to put 1 pounds into a bag.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just store them for future consumption. Odds are the dry beans you find in store are generally going to be a year old by the time they reach the stores, if not older. As long as they stay dry they will be good for years. Recently though I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff hitting the shelves are from the 2019 crop, as for a short while there customers were buying them like crazy. We don't specialize in the small, grocery store packaging. A lot of our stuff is exported or they will go to a third party packer who then packages them in the 1 pound packages for stores. It's a lot easier to put 2000 pounds in a tote, and 22 totes on a truck than it is to put 1 pounds into a bag.

I understand the storage side of it, but who the heck needs 2,000 lbs. of beans?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
2,000 pounds go to bulk customers. We've had guys buying 100-200 pounds at a time, and I think their thought is they last awhile and they are minor 'doomsday preppers'

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
What kind of beans ?

Great northerns and pintos. We do dabble a little in light red kidneys, but not a whole lot. Last year the crop of kidneys that was supposed to come to us got hailed out and we only filled 20% of the bin. Looking to fill a bin, possibly 2 bins of them this year

Members online

Latest posts