Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------Morning Thread------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
wideright said:
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Wide, morning bud.

Art
Good morning, Art.

Morning trevor. How'd the interview go?

Bobby- didn't know you were engaged. Congrats!

Dan- 2 shops in one day?!? Wow, what a dream. :D Couple nice autos to boot!

I got the job, thanks!

I probably shouldn't have but during the interview I told the GM of the store that if I'm not in a management position within a couple months I was going to start looking for something else. He told me that he couldn't promise me anything (obviously) but to work hard because I definitely have the resume and personality to make that happen.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Great stuff, Joe!! GL on the E. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Congrats on landing the job, Trevor! That was definitely a risky move but sounds like it should pay off.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
wideright said:
Great stuff, Joe!! GL on the E. I'll keep my eyes pealed.

Congrats on landing the job, Trevor! That was definitely a risky move but sounds like it should pay off.

I had the job already.. He signed the papers before I told him my aspirations :D

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
pghbuccos said:
Scott Papi's 2 rbi double last night was a solid hit and hopefully it gets him going. what a crazy game that was last night. Beckett carries his no hitter into the 7th and then they give up 5 runs and Saito didn't look so hot but he was able to end it.

Josh I don't see it going that way tonight. I think the Pens will carry the momentum from their win on Monday and do it again tonight.

.....yes, very bizarre last couple of innings- Youk going crazy, ugly error by Pedroia, shaky bull pen, Lowell getting tossed.

Papi has hit several "warning track" shots lately. Word is that he is hitting decently in BP :?

Good luck to the Pens :D

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Bobby - Congrats again to you and the Fiance!!! October 24th will be here before you know it ;)

Josh - Good luck on the garage sale. Will Max be a huge help?

Trevor - Great job on landing the job :D Another step closer to settling in...how is the new home for you newly weds?

Dave(pgh) - Go Pens!!! Sounds like you are having a blast!!!

Joe - SWEET pickups my man!!! That Dunn glove is pretty damn cool, but the Rose soon-to-be letter plate is AWESOME!!! How is Jen by the way?

Indy - What did you do to keep your wrist soooo busy? Isn't night time perfect therapy time? ;) :oops: :lol:

Dan - Wow...2 stops? Sounds like it payed out too...nice land on the Kobe and the Barry!!!

Scott - Great luck with Papi...I bet after this weird slump he goes on a 22 game hit streak with 10 homers during it ;)

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Alex, the apartment is great. It's MUCH nicer than I thought we would be able to afford in this area. It's small but everything is brand new and it has all the best amenities including a FANTASTIC kitchen. I love to cook so that was the selling point for me.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
trevordchi said:
Alex, the apartment is great. It's MUCH nicer than I thought we would be able to afford in this area. It's small but everything is brand new and it has all the best amenities including a FANTASTIC kitchen. I love to cook so that was the selling point for me.

Nice!!! I think we have a few cooks in the Morning Thread...I know both Dan and I cook on a regular basis too. Jen and I loved our place soooo much do to the kitchen alone as well...and congrats again to you both!!!

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Max probably won't be a huge help. He might try to sell cookies though. :D

We aren't really selling that much. Just a few "big" items. No cloths or stuff like that. It's better to donate that stuff and get some kind of tax write off.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
trevordchi said:

Nice!!! I think we have a few cooks in the Morning Thread...I know both Dan and I cook on a regular basis too. Jen and I loved our place soooo much do to the kitchen alone as well...and congrats again to you both!!!

We should probably share some recipes. I just got a new cookbook that has great deserts but the meals are so so.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
gvsu96 said:
Max probably won't be a huge help. He might try to sell cookies though. :D

We aren't really selling that much. Just a few "big" items. No cloths or stuff like that. It's better to donate that stuff and get some kind of tax write off.

Man...if shipping wasn't sooo expensive I would ask for your couch and a set of dining room chairs :lol:

Trevor - I'm ALWAYS down for recipe talk. I've got quite a bit of cooking background in my years worked before the 7 years I have been at Starbucks...I know we will talk soon bud :lol: ;)

Tribefan - Have an awesome break bud!!!

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
trevordchi said:
metallicalex777 said:
trevordchi said:

We should probably share some recipes. I just got a new cookbook that has great deserts but the meals are so so.

I'm in for a Morning Thread cookbook. Max LOVES to cook. One of his favorite show is America's Test Kitchen on PBS (No joke).

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
gvsu96 said:

We should probably share some recipes. I just got a new cookbook that has great deserts but the meals are so so.[/quote]

I'm in for a Morning Thread cookbook. Max LOVES to cook. One of his favorite show is America's Test Kitchen on PBS (No joke).[/quote]

Thats awesome (and funny)...sounds like Max is growing to be a talented individual ;) :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
It's cool to hear there are so many cooks here! I actually cook more than my wife does,
and I love doing it. :D If you guys ever want some recipes or help, just ask.

metallicalex777 said:
gvsu96 said:

I'm in for a Morning Thread cookbook. Max LOVES to cook. One of his favorite show is America's Test Kitchen on PBS (No joke).[/quote]

Thats awesome (and funny)...sounds like Max is growing to be a talented individual ;) :D[/quote]

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks for all the words guys. It's been a nice couple of maildays and I still have some more on the way. :D

Alex- You'll have to tell me how Jen is, but as for Crystal, the medication is helping a lot. :D :lol:

JandL- Good morning and welcome to the Morning Thread. It's a great group of guys here, just most of them are mentally unstable (me included). :lol: :lol:

I love to cook. Shortly after this board started, I started a recipe thread in the General Chat section. It was short lived. Not too many people showed an interest. I guess I can just post recipes here and there in the Morning Thread. A MT Cookbook would be very cool. If we actually end up putting one together, I have some ideas. This could actually be something pretty cool. All of those interested, or if someone wants to take the lead and run it, we should do some brainstorming.

Joe

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
muskiesfan said:
Thanks for all the words guys. It's been a nice couple of maildays and I still have some more on the way. :D

Alex- You'll have to tell me how Jen is, but as for Crystal, the medication is helping a lot. :D :lol:

JandL- Good morning and welcome to the Morning Thread. It's a great group of guys here, just most of them are mentally unstable (me included). :lol: :lol:

I love to cook. Shortly after this board started, I started a recipe thread in the General Chat section. It was short lived. Not too many people showed an interest. I guess I can just post recipes here and there in the Morning Thread. A MT Cookbook would be very cool. If we actually end up putting one together, I have some ideas. This could actually be something pretty cool. All of those interested, or if someone wants to take the lead and run it, we should do some brainstorming.

Joe

DOH!!! I've had Jen on my mind all day :lol: Glad you knew what I meant ;) :oops: I would love to get involved in doing some type of cookbook...we could have all MT cooks develope 3 recipes each...one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The making of the book should be decently easy too...I have TONS of kinkos and paper supply shops around my neck of the woods. I will have to try to track down that general chat thread to subscribe to as well...

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Anyone like coffee cake? I have a great coffee cake recipe. Perfect recipe for the morning thread! :D

Latest posts