Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************** Morning Tread ************* 11/25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I really wish I would have taken German in high school. Granted, I would have only been able to take about a year and a half's worth since I moved around the end of 3rd quarter my junior year. In Pierre we were given 3 choices for foreign language. We were offered Spanish, German, and Latin. I took Spanish since it was the easiest of the three, but I really considered the other 2. I wanted to take German considering I'm 50% German, and I wanted to take Latin since at the time I planned on going into the medical field and the teacher was probably the coolest teacher in the school.

Seems almost as easy as learning Spanish. At least so far :lol:

Lol, I know. I didnt realize how big the picture was going to be until after I had submitted the post. Pic was taken with my phone, not a scan.

P.S. - Care to share any of those raspberries when they start coming in? Or at least pictures of your harvest! Make sure the pictures are big enough though if you do! ;):p

Nice job working out a deal with Joe as well! I don't think the raspberries will even start growing for a while. We have blueberry trees that grow quite the crop each year as well.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I've seen what looks like 4X6 index cards that have items given to players in the 60's for their services. Items like TV's & golf clubs. I've come close to bidding on a few of the '69 Mets cards (shocking, I know) but most get up to triple digits so I merely watch them.:cry:

I think those were originally the way topps kept up with their payments for their player contracts. Apparently there was a catalog that players would choose items from then they would be written on this card until their allotted money was used up. Ive seen some interesting things on these cards.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Have you guys seen these Topps player contracts from their vault? Belle has one up and it's already at $66 lol. I am not even watching it but that's crazy. It would be a sweet item but I'm kind of surprised how high the bid is already with 2 days to go

I think I paid around $100 for Dawson's

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
One of two situations in my mind..
The high bidder realized he wasn't smart or it was shilled the crap out of. If you don't feel comfortable it'll appear again. Don't buy it at your high bid.. Wait

Afternoon everyone..

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the advise

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good evening Gents... Closing in three hours... Nows the time to catch up with the (hopefully) new FCB threads and chill. Or, add threads of my own to be ignored or flamed upon... ;)

I wonder if anyone took advantage of the High 5 stuff I found the other night.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I think those were originally the way topps kept up with their payments for their player contracts. Apparently there was a catalog that players would choose items from then they would be written on this card until their allotted money was used up. Ive seen some interesting things on these cards.

I've heard about that catalog. Kind of like the old Sears catalogs with a wide variety of items to choose from.
By the way, your sig is very impressive.:eek:

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I've heard about that catalog. Kind of like the old Sears catalogs with a wide variety of items to choose from.
By the way, your sig is very impressive.:eek:

Thanks, If I knew how to make a rotating sig then I would show off alot more. Plus Im trying to be more active around here, hobby is getting a little boring right now.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Have you guys seen these Topps player contracts from their vault? Belle has one up and it's already at $66 lol. I am not even watching it but that's crazy. It would be a sweet item but I'm kind of surprised how high the bid is already with 2 days to go

I have a few that I have picked up over the years.. Yesterday a Kirby Puckett sold for over $500..

So I stopped by my LCS yesterday and thought I would open a box of 2013 Panini Playbook.. Damn if I didn't get some more redemptions!!

cam.jpg
luck.jpg

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Basarsewards day..... Worked suck!!!!?!! But at least I came home to this!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1385441203.060414.jpg48 to go. Still need Mantle, Paige, and Robinson....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts