Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's 2nd Annual Baseball's Back Contest - WINNER ANNOUNCED - dano7 wins his 2nd in a row!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Time for an update as we head into the home stretch...

The guesses:

@banjar - Trea Turner (H) -190. 2nd with 168
@thelesquad - Vladimir Guerrero Jr (HR) - 48. 17th (T) with 27
@dano7 - Aaron Judge (HR) - 51. 1st with 55
@Letch77 - Walker Buehler (W) - 21. OUT FOR SEASON? with 6
@Dazed - Bo Bichette (H) - 202. 7th with 151
@WizardofOz1982 - Gerritt Cole (K) - 246. 1st with 204
@MrMet2.0 - Francisco Lindor (RBI) - 112. 8th (T) with 89

The Leaders so far:

H - Freeman (172)
HR - Judge (55) @dano7
RBI - Judge (118)
W - Kyle Wright (17)
K - Cole (204) @WizardofOz1982
S - Jansen(32) - Nobody guessed saves, but we'll still track it

We got 2 guys running neck and neck for the win. I think everyone else is about out at this point other than maybe banjar, but you never know. Turner could go on a tear with Freeman getting cold.

Nothing against dano7 winning again, but it will be extra hard to make a prize package with his strong Yankee interest. I have been trading away my extra Yankee stuff for YEARS with a good buddy of mine. Oh well, if he repeats, I'll come up with something!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Time to award the winner, but I think we knew already!

The guesses:

banjar - Trea Turner (H) -190. 3rd place with 194
thelesquad - Vladimir Guerrero Jr (HR) - 48. 15th place with 32
dano7 - Aaron Judge (HR) - 51. 1st place (and a new AL record) with 62!
Letch77 - Walker Buehler (W)
Dazed - Bo Bichette (H) - 202. 3rd place with 189
WizardofOz1982 - Gerritt Cole (K) - 246. 1st place with 257
MrMet2.0 - Francisco Lindor (RBI) - 112. 5th place with 107

The final MLB Leaders:

H - Freeman (199)
HR - Judge (62) - dano7
RBI - Alonso/Judge (131)
W - K. Wright (21)
K - Cole (257) - WizardofOz1982
S - E. Clase (42)

By virtue of getting his guess in first, @dano7 wins his 2nd consecutive time! Congrats to @WizardofOz1982 for guessing Cole as the MLB strikeout leader, unfortunately you were just a day late. Thank you everyone for playing and excellent guesses. Many of you came quite close to actual totals and 4 guesses within the top 3! @banjar @thelesquad @Letch77 @Dazed @MrMet2.0

@dano7 , please PM me your address and I will start putting together the grand prize package for you. Sadly, and as I outlined in the post #1 rules, I probably can't hit your top interests with my prize material (I trade almost all of my extra Yankee stuff to a friend of which we've been trading back and forth for 20+ years), but please remind me again if you collect anything else (besides Yankees and vintage sets which I am aware of) and I'll see what I can come up with.

Because nobody won last year and I ended up sending 2 consolation prizes, I think I will do the same this year, since we had 2 members picking MLB leaders. @WizardofOz1982 , please send me a PM and your address with anything that you focus your collecting on, try to be as broad as you can, and I will send you a consolation prize.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yah, thanks for the contest! It gave me a reason to check MLB hits leaders from time to time as the season wore on. Turner did pretty good, but couldn't quite catch Freeman. Next year....

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yah, thanks for the contest! It gave me a reason to check MLB hits leaders from time to time as the season wore on. Turner did pretty good, but couldn't quite catch Freeman. Next year....
I was hoping they would both crack 200 and was especially bummed that when it appeared Turner was a no way to get to 200, but Freddie still had a shot that he ended with 199!

Members online