Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 2014 Panini Immaculate Accolades Material Set Progress - COMPLETE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
When National Treasures came out a few years ago I really loved the unique and special relic cards they made of HOFers. There were some folks that made different sets and I thought they were just awesome.

To that end, when I saw Immaculate Collection was coming out I looked for a relic set I could complete that included great HOFers, didn't have too long of a checklist, and had reasonable print runs so that completing it wouldn't be too much of a beast (both in terms of time and $$) :)

I saw the Accolades Materials set and I really liked the looks of the cards and the theme. A simple, nice design. It had a great checklist with a good mix of older and more recent greats and the print runs were all reasonable.

At this point I have 10 cards in hand of the 25 in the set with 4 more on the way and a jam packed ebay watch list for the rest.

Here is a look at my progress so far and I will update periodically as I get cards in.

1. Honus Wagner - /20 2. Satchel Paige - /10 3. Joe Jackson - /79

honus-wagner
satchel-paige
joe-jackson

4. Casey Stengel - /5 5. Ty Cobb /99 6. Pee Wee Reese /99

casey-stengel
ty-cobb
pee-wee-reese

7. Burleigh Grimes - /20 8. Jimmie Foxx /99 9. Mel Ott /49

burleigh-grimes
jimmie-foxx
mel-ott

10. Rogers Hornsby - /99 11. Tris Speaker /99 12. Gil Hodges - /99

rogers-hornsby
tris-speaker
gil-hodges

13. Lou Gehrig /99 14. Jackie Robinson /99 15. Leo Durocher /49

lou-gehrig
jackie-robinson
leo-durocher

16. Joe DiMaggio - /49 17. Nolan Ryan - /99 18. Greg Maddux - /49

joe-dimaggio
nolan-ryan
greg-maddux

19. Lou Brock /99 20. Cal Ripken Jr. /99 21. Reggie Jackson /99

lou-brock
cal-ripken-jr
reggie-jackson

22. Mike Schmidt /49 23. Rod Carew /25 24. Willie McCovey /49

mike-schmidt
rod-carew
willie-mccovey

25. Tony Gwynn /99

tony-gwynn

Would have really liked to have even a few more greats like Hank Aaron, Willie Mays or Hank Greenberg in this set, but I still love it.

Let me know what you think. If you have any cards I am missing and would like to sell them to me just send me a PM and we can work something out.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
So I finally bought the last card I needed for this set yesterday!! It was the Honus Wagner. I am pretty stoked because this was a really fun project. There are only FIVE possible sets because of the Stengel /5.

I have put all of the scans in the original post. I think they all look really great together and I am going to try and find a way to display them all.

I would love to hear guesses on how much you think it cost for me to buy all of the cards?? Also, which one do you think was the most expensive??

Let me know what you think.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
That is awesome! No idea how much the set would have cost, I'm guessing less than you were expecting! Wild guess at the most expensive would be the Joe Jackson but I imagine there was a bidding war or 2 mixed in. Fantastic job

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Beautiful set! Like u said, a great mix of older and newer greats. I cannot even guess how much that set cost, I know my wife would kill me if I tried to do this set hahaha. Thanks for sharing!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Those are some fantastic cards. Congratulations on the pickups. Unfortunately with all these new prime cuts, national treasures, panini immaculate, even triple threads stuff I got screwed. I have a ton of older HOF relics that just are not worth what they were. Campanella stuff for example used to go for $50-$60 now you can't get like $5 for his jersey card. Awesome stuff haha, but I'm a little bummed about how common this stuff is now, still love the relics though but that's why I've switched to prime patches.

Members online

Latest posts