Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Experience With Razor Before and After - By Jaypers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
beefycheddar said:
sportscardtheory said:
carlitoson said:
sportscardtheory said:
carlitoson said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":1od0b5uk]...Edit - It gets a little annoying when people that don't have any interest in prospect cards use their opinion to give a negative outlook on prospect cards. You are obviously allowed to think/say whatever you want, but why waste your time if you have no interest in the cards in the first place.

You're typing like you know me (you don't). To say I have no interest in prospect cards is wrong. The OP stated "Comments appreciated", not "Pro-Razor comments appreciated". If reading an opinion that differs from yours gets you a little irritated, then I apologize for stating my opinion. I'll leave it at that.

There's no doubt that money can be made by selling these cards down the road. For me personally, I'd rather have cards that are MLB/MLBPA licensed. I'm having a hard time differentiating Razor from Tristar, Just, etc. To each his/her own though...I wish the best of luck to Razor and to those buying their cards.

You said you are a collector, "not a prospector". So I assume, then, that you in fact ARE a prospector??? I never said I know you either, but when you type something in a thread, it is there for all to see... and I did see it, it says you're not a prospector. I guess you are now...

My understanding of the term means to buy cards in the hope of flipping them for a profit at some point. Right? If that's the correct meaning of the term "prospector", then you're wrong again. I'm not a prospector. I do sell cards that I pull and don't want, but for the most part the cards that I buy are in my PC.

Prospect cards are prospect cards, regardless of intent... Razor prospect cards are just as much prospect cards as Bowman Chromes. I was only trying to understand why you don't think anyone else will want the Razor cards of players when there are no other options. That's how this whole thing started... I said what do you care if you're not a prospector, and you said you are a collector, not a prospector. I say, if you buy cards of players not yet in the Majors, you are a prospector no matter your intent...

What if you collect cards of a certain Major league teams first cards, a college team's players, or in my case Cape Cod League Alumni? I don't buy a lot to prospect, I buy because I collect a certain type of card that prospectors also collect.

I honestly hate that people just say cards aren't anything but prospecting when some people do just collect them.[/quote:1od0b5uk]

I'm not saying if you buy a card of a prospect, you are a "prospector"... I'm merely stating that it is in fact a prospect card. It's just a miscommunication of the term "prospector". So many here seem to think it only means flipping... it can mean "Hey look, I have a prospect card!"

Members online

Latest posts