Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Giants side project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
After I got around to hanging up my baseball field frame, I decided that instead of filling it with this year's Topps Giants set, I wanted to get an auto of each player. I chose current players, as well as a few personal favorites. For example, I wanted to include Affeldt, even though he just retired. I also chose a few young pitchers, and figured I could swap them out once I find a Lincecum at a decent price. I started hunting, and found a few cards on the cheap as a nice start, and slowly started picking up a few here and there. I am now up to 12, and still need Posey, who is expensive. The fact that I need portrait oriented cards limits my options, but it's OK.

I also wanted each player in a Giants Uniform, so I am going to attempt a sticker swap with Pagan. I'll try and start that this weekend. I also ordered a Michael Morse auto, and will try sticker swap with him too. I really liked him on the team, and felt he should be included as well. I will update this when I can.

Attachments

• 20160508_101221.jpg
    20160508_101221.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 26
  • edited_1463705541864.jpg
    edited_1463705541864.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Very cool project

Doing relief pitchers as well?

Well, the frame allows the 9 players on the field, plus four. Usually i would do the five man starting rotation on the mound and the other four spots. For this, i am going with Madbum on the mound, using the first slot for Bochy, the second for Affeldt. The third and fourth i got Heston, and Strickland. Once i land a Lincecum, Strickland will be pulled. So, not much room for relievers, and im kind of glad. Lots of relievers available and dirt cheap too. But i really wanted to stick with players that i really liked, such as affeldt. If i were to stick a different reliever in there, it would be Javier Lopez. I have really only seen one card, and its fifteen bucks. Since i have cards for the spot now, im gonna save up for a Posey, then worry about swapping out the middle relief later.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I picked up a Morse from Panini Select. The label came right off. I think it was easier because it was a chrome like card. Unfortunately, it says panini all over the sticker in hologram, but I'm not gonna be that picky about it. I think it turned out well.
1464494776597.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've got to give it to you, that sticker on a Topps card would drive me nuts. Glad your happy with it and hope you're able to land the Buster soon.

Ryan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, it came from a card that looked like this. I prefer slapping it on a Topps Giants card instead of putting this card in my frame. I guess i could try and find a panini card with morse on the giants...

2013 Panini Select Signatures #MI - Michael Morse

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Got my Posey. Time to load the frame!

1465531454358.jpg
1465531472318.jpg
1465531494129.jpg

I will still need to find Pagan, on a Giants card. I did not have luck peeling the Topps auto decal. So for now, Pagan is in there with a Mets uniform.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
My question...is there not a Pence auto in a Giants uniform? I still look at his stuff on eBay every now and again and it seems most of his autos are rookie ones.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
My question...is there not a Pence auto in a Giants uniform? I still look at his stuff on eBay every now and again and it seems most of his autos are rookie ones.

i havent seen any pack pulled autos in a Giants uniform. But you are correct, tons of stuff in astros and phillies...

Members online