Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My recent '98-00 Topps Tek box breaks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Wanted to post these because I thought some folks would enjoy seeing them. Pics below.

In the last coupla months, I've broken a box each of 1998-2000 Topps Tek. A LCS nearby still had them, and for good prices.
Fun rip, and with all the variations, takes a while to sort.

98 box had 3 diffractors, but none were "big" names.

99 box had 2 Golds /10, including the Griffey.

Golds are usually only 1 per box at 1:15 packs so when I got the Kendall in the second pack, I figured that would be the only. But about 10 packs later, the Griffey was staring back at me. Weird how you can see the numbering imprint thru the front. #1/10.

00 box just had the "base" and regular inserts.

Probably just sending them to COMC but if you need any for your PC, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice hit in that second box!

If the 98's had Alomar pattern 13, 34, 36, 41, 52, 63, 70, or 82, I'll be glad to buy them. Same for 2000 pattern 16.

Djflip

Feb 22, 2019
Hilliard, Ohio
I'd be interested in getting all of the leftovers once you have completed your sales requests from others. I'm still trying to find lots of cards from all 3 sets and I do find one or two every once in a while at shows and online. If you would give me a ball park of how many and what you want for them I'd appreciate the opportunity to try and get them. Thanks.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd be interested in getting all of the leftovers once you have completed your sales requests from others. I'm still trying to find lots of cards from all 3 sets and I do find one or two every once in a while at shows and online. If you would give me a ball park of how many and what you want for them I'd appreciate the opportunity to try and get them. Thanks.
PM sent...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Went back to same store and they still had two boxes of the 2000 Tek.

Broke both, got 1 Gold, Gwynn. A red Bonds and a green Griffey.

Had several damaged by two cards sticking together, usually the middle two of the 4 card pack.

Pretty fun rip...

Members online

Latest posts