Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name some horrible/great trades of your team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
G $MONEY$ said:
Ill do the Jays since they haven't been done yet and living in Canada ive always had a soft spot for the Jays. I am far from a Jays expert though, so i may have missed some best/worst trades, just going from memory.

BEST- Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter From the Padres to the Jays for Tony Fernandez and Fred McGriff.

Devon White, Willie Fraser and Marcus Moore to the Toronto Blue Jays for Junior Félix and Luis Sojo.

Jose Bautista to the Jays from Pirates for Robinzon Diaz

Worst- Roy Halladay was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies for Kyle Drabek, Travis D'Arnaud, and Michael Taylor (although there is still some hope for this trade)

John Olerud to the Mets for Robert Person

David Cone traded from Toronto to the New York Yankees for Marty Janzen, Jason Jarvis and Mike Gordon

As a Jays fan, the first that came to mind was also the Carter/Alomar for Fernandez/McGriff trade that is widely thought to be the most important in franchise history.

As an Olerud fan, the Olerud for Person deal is my personal worst, plus I think the Jays picked up a good chunk of his remaining contract so it was like they actually paid the Mets to take him. Ouch. Olerud went on to have some decent years, batting .354 for the Mets and winning a couple of Gold Gloves for the M's. Plus he made post-season appearances with every team is played with subsequent to the trade from the Jays.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Slette said:
Yeah, if my memory is correct, the Twins were greedy and wanted Joba from the Yanks or Jacoby AND Lester from the Sox.

I think they wanted Hughes/Joba/Kennedy/Melky for Johan.

Latest posts