Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I know on Beckett there always used to be a summer league thread, so i figured I'd start a thread. Honestly i didn't even realize they began until i saw some highlights last night on SC - which is why we needed a thread :D

Feel free to post any thoughts, results, video, etc.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Since I'm a Uconn fan and a fan of the Big East players a couple things stood out today.

Blair did nothing in his debut to take away from the thought that he was a huge steal in the second rd. - and even at his height, he's still a beast.

D.Blair - 13 pts. 10 reb. in 22 min.

And again I want to go on the record and say THERE IS NO WAY Thabeet will be a bust - he may never be an All-Star, but i don;t think there's any way he will be lost on the court like a bunch of the other 7 ft. busts that people like to compare him too.

I'm watching him tonight and he looks light years ahead of Oden in his foul plagued summer league debut. 3-4 fg 3-4 ft 2 reb. 9 pts (only 1 foul and 1 to) in the 1st half.

And i realize it's inferior competition, which also means the high draft picks and college stars should dominate :p So good to see that from Blair and Thabeet on day 1.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Tyreke Evans is playing well, and surprisingly to me Tyler Hansbrough played extremely well in the Orlando Summer League, and for those that thought Ryan Anderson was a throw in to the Vince Carter trade....this guy has the potential to be a 18 and 10 guy.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
The Clippers are playing the Lakers today at 5:30 est. I'm not positive but I'm guessing Blake #1 pick Black Griffin should be going and i believe this is their first summer league game.

May be worth taking a look in on. You can watch all the games through NBA.com

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Man Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon on the Clippers.......they are going to be something.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Uofo2212 said:
Man Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon on the Clippers.......they are going to be something.

yeah there going to be something alright...if something means another losing season haha

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
"yeah there going to be something alright...if something means another losing season haha"

Yeah haha.....I am a Laker fan as well, but in a few years the Clippers will bypass the Lakers....they have a great base with Griffen, Gordon, Thornton, Kaman, Camby, DeAndre Jordan, Baron Davis, Mike Taylor.....all I see on the Lakers is age with the exception of Bynum who can't stay healthy yet......

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
The Clippers are supposedly having "serious talks" with Allen Iverson. I'm not sure signing AI will help Eric Gordon, especially since AI doesn't like to practice (or atleast doesn't like talking about practice) and doesn't think he can make his teammates better through practice.
[youtube:3fkhmnfm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I[/youtube:3fkhmnfm]

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Don't know if there's any other Bulls fans here, but there playing tonight.

Watching the All-Star game so i havent been able to watch, but checking the box score it looks like the rookies are playing well. Johnson 16 pts 6 reb. Gibson 11 pts 6 reb. Through 3.

And to the above post - I'm not sure about the Iverson thing. The Clippers actually seem to have a decent young nucleus and Griffin looked great yesterday - not sure if bringing Iverson in will be a great move. Everything I've heard so far indicated he still is not happy coming off the bench and still expects to be a star. While it;s not bad to be confident in yourself and want to start, I think I'd stay away if I'm the Clippers, unless he does agree to play in a 3 man rotation with Davis and Gordon.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
rymflaherty said:
And to the above post - I'm not sure about the Iverson thing. The Clippers actually seem to have a decent young nucleus and Griffin looked great yesterday - not sure if bringing Iverson in will be a great move. Everything I've heard so far indicated he still is not happy coming off the bench and still expects to be a star. While it;s not bad to be confident in yourself and want to start, I think I'd stay away if I'm the Clippers, unless he does agree to play in a 3 man rotation with Davis and Gordon.
for real
I hope they don't get him.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
I agree...I think he will ruin any chemistry and Gordon's emergence will only be slower with AI there......they already have Ricky Davis....they should have gotten a draft pick for Randolph and leave Iverson alone....if you really want a point guard make an offer to Ramon Sessions. Mike Taylor was coming along nicely as well, oddly enough for the first time I think the Clippers have too many players.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Anthony Randolph - Golden st. Set a summer league scoring record 42 pts.

May be another player from last year's class to break through. I recall seeing him a few times last year and thinking he was very athletic, but not sure about his overall game, so maybe he added to it this offseason.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Anthony Morrow - Golden St. Set the summer league scoring record with 47 pts.

These Golden State Warrior Anthonys sure like to score. :lol:
Morrow did lead the league in 3pt% last season.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I LOVE the Warriors blowin up in Summer League. I just hope now that the most overrated coach in NBA history (Don Nelson) plays them during the year. Randolph is a stud in the making.

To the above poster. Blair was BY FAR the steal of the draft, I love watching him light it up in Summer League, and I think he will be the key factor to the Spurs getting Duncan's 5th ring.