Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New avatar.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Sam Banks said:
And props to anyone who knows what it means WITHOUT googling it!

Google if you must, but shame on you for not knowing already!

It is University of something? Wrestling? it does have a Brazillian flag though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
University of Fighting

UDLlogo.png

Universidade da Luta (UDL) is a team of Brazilian martial arts created by the fighters Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua, Andre Amade, Mauricio Veio and Murilo Ninja' Rua after their departure from the Chute Boxe Academy Team, in 2008. The name translates in English to "University of Fighting". The team’s headquarters is located in Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil. UDL was created in partnership with manager Ercílio Slaviero Neto. The academy offers classes in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, Judo, Muay Thai and wrestling. Furthermore, the academy opens its facilities for professional athletes, who are looking for chances in national and international events. The team already has athletes participating in events like UFC, DREAM, Sengoku and Strikeforce, as well as new talents like Marcelo Brito, Thiago Minu, Fernandinho Vieira among others.

The UDL was founded by brothers Mauricio Rua and Murilo Rua after their departure from Chute Boxe Academy. Their original intentions were to open the UDL in Massachusetts. However, it was eventually decided that it would open in the Rua brothers' hometown of Curitiba, Brazil. During the later stages of preparation the brothers Andre Amade and Mauricio Veio were invited to share ownership which they accepted and converted their gym in Toronto, Canada to a UDL gym. The gym was opened and the first day consisted of an open class, open to the public as well as the press.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
The UDL gym in Toronto is called Toronto BJJ. Toronto BJJ USED to be named karma and that is where is started training. My first sesion I show up with my boss (he was a part owner in karma at the time and a legit brown belt) I walk in with him and it's 4 guys rolling; mark bocek, Claude Patrick, wagnney fabiano and Carlos newton.

That was first day.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
The UDL gym in Toronto is called Toronto BJJ. Toronto BJJ USED to be named karma and that is where is started training. My first sesion I show up with my boss (he was a part owner in karma at the time and a legit brown belt) I walk in with him and it's 4 guys rolling; mark bocek, Claude Patrick, wagnney fabiano and Carlos newton.

That was first day.

That's awesome.

So you knew what I was talking about in the original post without having to look it up?

Members online

Latest posts