Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Beckett grading standards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evidently this was announced at the Natty but I haven’t heard much about it.

A lot of complaints online about the implementation going poorly…

F3520595-05F2-40CB-85BC-01C6B742C337.png

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
I sent eight cards when they did a promotion around Thanksgiving, economy with subgrades with a 40-60 business day turnaround. Cards were logged as received in mid-December and here we are in April and it has been nothing but crickets. Good luck getting an answer out of customer service, they don't answer.

My facebook feed is literally blowing up right now with multiple new promotions from Beckett guaranteeing their turnaround times which I know to be false. One of the guys in the video promotion stated "you will have your cards back within 60 days, that is just two months!" but the graphic behind him says 60 business days which is more like 3 months. When questioned about this discrepancy Beckett only replied "we stand by our posted turnaround times" but differentiate between days and business days. I am pretty all of the people biting on these new 2-5 day promotions are pushing back the already existing backlog.

What I don't understand from the business standpoint is they have to be making money hand over fist even after paying the employees and buidling costs and put none of it back into customer service or improving the turnaround times. Product wise their overhead is almost non existent, it is just the cost of a plastic slab and a sticker as the consumer is the one providing the product.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
While typing the above I got an email from Beckett.

Dear loyal Beckett customers,

We are grateful for the feedback and insights you have shared with us over the past 48 hours. Your passion for our brand and hobby is truly remarkable, and we appreciate your support.

After listening carefully to the feedback you all shared, we have decided not to make any changes to our grading scale at this time. We will keep you updated with an official announcement later next week regarding improvements to our grading scale. We thank you for your continued trust and loyalty to Beckett. Please continue to share your thoughts and feedback directly with us.

Regards,
Team Beckett

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
2 Gem Mint 10 categories? Assuming that is a typo? One with 2 10s and 2 9.5s and one with 1 10 and 3 9.5s???

Mark76

Mar 7, 2021
I loved grading for Registry purposes but I gave up. They priced themselves out of the market and made it pointless to send in basic cards not to mention all the controversy around grading in general. Now I am just player collecting like I did as a kid

Members online

Latest posts