Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New eBay scumbag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
It has been tough selling on eBay. It keeps getting tougher.

Recently had my Mike Trout RCs graded and very happy with PSA submission.

Buyer wins my 2011 eTopps Minor League Mike Trout PSA 9 and my 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout Diamond Anniversary PSA 9.

Here is my ebay listing # for the Diamond Anniversary:

Ends at $9300. Great. Due to the amount it went for(higher than even the BIN) I had to purchase insurance through stamps.com. The only company I can find to insure it for the value.

Buyer then field a request for a return because the card is not the same as pictured and not as described. He claims that for the money he paid he should have a bright card like in my picture and should look like a 10.

After explaining to him that the card is graded for this exact reason I am now threatened with a Money Back Guarantee claim from him if I do not except the return.

What in the F?!?!?!?!!

I have a call in to eBay but what are my chances this a hole ends up with my money and the card? A PSA 9 is a PSA 9. I am not shady like a lot of people and say they should regrade because it was under graded. When I sent it in I expected it to be a 9.

Just venting more frustration with eBay, policies, and the people like this on eBay.

Why are we grading when someone doesn't like the grade tat the card was given and wants a better card than what they bid on? To me it looks like buyers remorse. His wife saw what he paid and yelled at him to return it.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Was the card pictured in the listing the same card that you sent to him? If so, it should be obvious by the unique PSA number that the card he bid on is the card he received. If the picture and actual card were different...why?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I agree with you. Buyers remorse. When Project 2020 was big and prices were insane, I think there were a lot of return requests filed the same way.

Or he was hoping to regrade it and have it come back a 10 and profit off the difference but after seeing it he realized he couldn't.

With managed payments, I think you should be refunded fully now. You may be out shipping and insurance, which sucks, but I'm sure you can sell these down the road for at least just as much.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
eBay sided with him. State "because we cant see the item we cant tell if it matches description and picture to make that decision. Please think as a buyer when you list and describe in title and description."

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

David Pelta in Maryland who is eBayer spiffy39 is a dishonest scumbag. I hope it gets back to his real estate buddies what he does on his time to be dishonest.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Buys a 9 and expects a 10? And ebay sides with him because they can't see the card? Stories like this make me want to jump ship from ebay but there's really no competition yet.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
eBay sided with him. State "because we cant see the item we cant tell if it matches description and picture to make that decision. Please think as a buyer when you list and describe in title and description."

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

This still begs the question...was the card you sent him the same card that was in the listing pictures? If not, he has a valid claim.
I'm with others when they say that I wouldn't process the refund until the item is returned.

May 3, 2020

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

David Pelta in Maryland who is eBayer spiffy39 is a dishonest scumbag. I hope it gets back to his real estate buddies what he does on his time to be dishonest.

No surprise - eBay always sides with buyers. I have blocked him from my listings and all sellers should do the same.

Members online

Latest posts