Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nick Castellanos is on FIRE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
My man has made the BA hotlist 3 weeks in a row and really seems to have come around with the power. Great to see. Ive always believed in this kid and it looks like he keeps improving at every stop toward MLB.

I hope he gets rewarded with a callup later in the year. Any other fans here?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Nick already possessed an outstanding hit tool but with the coaching adjustments he's made this year he's really taken off. Here are three videos to illustrate what I'm referring to. Casty has always had a "handsy" swing with a lot of bat-waggle and unnecessary movement before his load. It's no surprise his natural power has generally been opposite field.

Check out this vid from last July: Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Erie's Castellanos raps a double against Altoona - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
Notice all the waggle and knee buckling pre-load. And his hands moving all over the place.

Now here's a vid of him taking Papelbon yard this past spring. Video | MLB.com Multimedia
Lower half is quieter but the waggle and handsy-ness is still present.

Finally, check out the new, improved Casty swing from his most recent homer. Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Toledo's Nick Castellanos goes yard - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
It's like watching an entirely different hitter. Hands, lower half all quiet - no unnecessary, exaggerated bat waggle. He's much more direct to the ball which affords him more pull power to drive the ball.

His natural power has always been to right-center but now that he can drive it to left we are starting to see his 30+ homer potential blossom. I like players who accept coaching and make adjustments. I also like prospects who have shown they can overcome failure and adapt. Hence, I really like me some Casty.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
Castellanos struck out 4 times tonight after striking about 4 times in his last 15 games.. BUST!

Joking, considering I'm a huge, huge fan. Been a pleasure watching him this season in Toledo. Hopefully he'll forget tonight's game and keep on rolling. It happens.

Firebirds11

Oct 6, 2010
Nick already possessed an outstanding hit tool but with the coaching adjustments he's made this year he's really taken off. Here are three videos to illustrate what I'm referring to. Casty has always had a "handsy" swing with a lot of bat-waggle and unnecessary movement before his load. It's no surprise his natural power has generally been opposite field.

Check out this vid from last July: Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Erie's Castellanos raps a double against Altoona - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
Notice all the waggle and knee buckling pre-load. And his hands moving all over the place.

Now here's a vid of him taking Papelbon yard this past spring. Video | MLB.com Multimedia
Lower half is quieter but the waggle and handsy-ness is still present.

Finally, check out the new, improved Casty swing from his most recent homer. Video Highlights & Clips - MiLB | Toledo's Nick Castellanos goes yard - Video | MiLB.com Multimedia | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
It's like watching an entirely different hitter. Hands, lower half all quiet - no unnecessary, exaggerated bat waggle. He's much more direct to the ball which affords him more pull power to drive the ball.

His natural power has always been to right-center but now that he can drive it to left we are starting to see his 30+ homer potential blossom. I like players who accept coaching and make adjustments. I also like prospects who have shown they can overcome failure and adapt. Hence, I really like me some Casty.

This is a fantastic post. I thought I noticed a different swing this year, but this definitely confirms it. Love your analysis.

Members online

Latest posts