Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * August 2018 * The Dog Days of Summer *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ah, that just might turn out to be true. The team matters, and the Cubs have a national following. So do the Cards, but Carpenter's .273 average ain't gonna get it done, and all the other teams have more local followings. I would love Arenado to win but his **awesome** defense will not overshadow his home/road splits. I looked this up earlier today and don't want to do it again, but his road average is like 87 points lower than his home average, and his road OPS is over 200 points lower. His overall WAR and other totals are in the mix with everyone else, but the home/road thing will probably sink him.

Baez will win it due to Cubs hyperbole, and that’s a shame.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ah, that just might turn out to be true. The team matters, and the Cubs have a national following. So do the Cards, but Carpenter's .273 average ain't gonna get it done, and all the other teams have more local followings. I would love Arenado to win but his **awesome** defense will not overshadow his home/road splits. I looked this up earlier today and don't want to do it again, but his road average is like 87 points lower than his home average, and his road OPS is over 200 points lower. His overall WAR and other totals are in the mix with everyone else, but the home/road thing will probably sink him.

Last I looked Baez only leads the NL in one statistical category. That’s not an MVP.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Now that's something. Makes me think of Beavis and Butthead "Bow to ME!". Apparently there is more to chess than I ever realized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidCSBMsaR0

This was also the semi censored version (original was in another language and the translator chose not to include certain controversial passages) I hear that there was a passage where he asks if you believe in a god and if not then he will be your god and you can pray right now!!!

There was another line where he says he invented the open file. All this means in chess is there is a line where neither side has pawns left. So he is saying he "invented" the concept of no pawns. ... simply amazing. :lol:

Members online