Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nomination for the dumbest card concept yet!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
OK, maybe there was something dumber than this that I have thankfully forgotten about by now, but perhaps not. This popped up in a search for me today. Are you kidding me? Who would actually buy this and why? I think I might even draw the line if there was a Garvey like this. then again, as long as I got it for about the cost of a basic insert, I gues \that is no different.

This is a "cut" item with a small scrap of paper with a "written word" of a celebrity. Mind you, not a signature or even anything significant, but simply a word or two supposedly taken from something written by Tommy Lasorda in this case. The possibilities are literally endless form the dumb stuff you could take, cut up and insert into a baseball card that is linked to or touched by someone.

PLEASE make it stop!

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Incompetent, talent-less, moribund hacks are always desperate to make a buck somehow. And these days, even more so. And so, we get this.

I just hope nobody buys this. That would only encourage these people.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I mean, the only dumber thing would be to just print a picture of the player on a card, no handwriting or anything.

Oh wait...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I may be in the minority but I think it's kinda neat.

To each their own. No judgement from me on what anyone collects, but in all fairness, there can be judgement on what is made and why.

I guess you can go to their website and see the item they destroyed, I mean cut up, to make this. I have not done that yet. If the words were meaningful, perhaps the idea would not be quite as stupid. Maybe a quote or part of a quote from someone that is well known, but "As you"...meh!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Are the hairs blurred out on the card?

From what I've seen in the past they are real hairs and not blurred. :whistle: The images showing the real cards don't seem to be around anymore, and Mario chose to blur his to not get taken down. :ROFLMAO:

At least they give you a bakers dozen in pubes, this "as you" stuff is too skimpy!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ok, after some deep analysis of their website, I am sad to say that one of their more recent DNA cards only has a single wispy ****. :( Perhaps its like HOF baseball bat inserts, back in the day there were tons of Cobb/Gehrig etc to go around and each set would pump out a ton, but its all used up. . . just like the **** supply.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
From what I've seen in the past they are real hairs and not blurred. :whistle: The images showing the real cards don't seem to be around anymore, and Mario chose to blur his to not get taken down. :ROFLMAO:

At least they give you a bakers dozen in pubes, this "as you" stuff is too skimpy!
I can't tell if my comment landed as intended. In Japan, from what I saw at least, the ***** region is blurred in magazines that would be considered the kind you might buy in the US, for example, to see that exact area unblurred!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Well, I was watching it to see how much it sold for. Thankfully it was less than $10. Still too much, but glad it was not more.

Members online

No members online now.