Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NON Prospects whose cards could see huge spikes in the futur

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dsuj

Sep 1, 2008
ohio
I thought this would be an interesting thread and fun to see who you guys see having the most growth for their main auto RCs.

here are mine.
I think just masterson high end 2009 sterling autos are very undervalued. He has pitched much better than his record and has the 4th best era in the AL.

I also think that there is a lot of room for growth with the Tulowitzki Rookie cup autos. Colorado is having a down year and Tulo is somewhat getting overooked while having a great season.

Jay bruce high autos are also under priced right now. they shot up a bit early this year but then quickly shot back down. Hes in a great market and with any decent stretch of solid productivity you should see a nice spike.

Andrew Mccutchen high end auto RCs are under priced as well and this is simply due to the market he is playing in. He just keeps getting better and better and looks as if he will bge around a long time so I say now would be the time to buy in.

Feel free to list your ideas or opinions of what the others have wrote.

Thanks
Dane

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
after his MVP and second world series ring, Ryan Howard's stuff will go through the roof.

Kevin

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Mike Stanton comes to mind. Guys like him with huge power are always good bets in my opinion, especially when they have tape-measure power. A single 450 foot homer can make people jump to eBay looking to pick something up.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Ellsbury, Agon and Granderson come to mind. Asdrubal Cabrera should be higher than he is. Still see Kemp as affordable for his production and I have no idea how Justin Upton isn't selling double what his stuff goes.

~AJ

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
ajbraves25 said:
Ellsbury, Agon and Granderson come to mind. Asdrubal Cabrera should be higher than he is. Still see Kemp as affordable for his production and I have no idea how Justin Upton isn't selling double what his stuff goes.

~AJ

+1 on Justin Upton

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I like a decent number of the names mentioned and have been actively buying some of them as can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142939

In my mind the top candidate for a pretty large spike in the near future is Justin Upton. He's been extremely good all season and hot of late, and I think we are close to reaching a point where people will be willing to (once again) anoint him as the next big thing.

Clayton Kershaw may be to pitching what Upton is to hitting; the next young stud. He's become a true ace at just 23. His cards have risen a bit, but they still could see another nice jump soon if he remains in the Cy Young discussions. (Tonight won't hurt.)

IMO Miguel Cabrera is way undervalued right now. He's having another MVP type season, but has flown completely under the radar all year. He's the closest thing to Albert Pujols as a hitter, and he's even improved in areas like K/BB rate this season. Throw in the fact he only has a single RC Auto and it has no parallels. I've recently purchased 2 copied...

Robinson Cano is also pretty cheap IMO. Again only one rookie autograph, again no parallels. Plays in NY, and plays a tough position.

Matt Kemp to me needs to finish the season strong and then do it again next season and his cards will get serious attention. Right now IMO the hobby is waiting to see whether this is the new Kemp, or just a career season.

Prince Fielder is having an MVP-type season, and is a free agent at the end of the season. His cards sell pretty well, but the attention could mean a serious spike in his cards.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
Call me a homer... but whoever plays left field for the Phils next year will spike. I am assuming it will be mayberry or brown... also I think Hunter Pence will spike again...

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
Ryan Zimmerman.

With a healthy full season and the national attention Washington will get next year. For that matter Zimmerman(n) as well. If they go big pimpin and make a play for Pujols(not likely) or Prince (more likely) and land one of em, that combined with the Strasburg machine and the Harper 2012 second half watch machine = attention to a gold glove defender who hits .300 and hits 30 hrs nearly annually (remember he is a year younger than ryan braun, and a year older than longoria yet his value is nowhere near either)

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
sunojorel said:
Ryan Zimmerman.

With a healthy full season and the national attention Washington will get next year. For that matter Zimmerman(n) as well. If they go big pimpin and make a play for Pujols(not likely) or Prince (more likely) and land one of em, that combined with the Strasburg machine and the Harper 2012 second half watch machine = attention to a gold glove defender who hits .300 and hits 30 hrs nearly annually (remember he is a year younger than ryan braun, and a year older than longoria yet his value is nowhere near either)
I like Zimmerman a lot, and hope he can rebound next year. This year has been mostly lost (same for Longoria.)

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Clayton Kershaw, Justin Upton.

Robinson Cano is among the players whose cards are the MOST volatile as a Major Leaguer. It's because he doesn't have a chrome auto. His Heritage auto can be $150 when he's so-so/slumping or $300 when he's hot. It's a great card to have if you can get in low on it.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I've got one NOBODY seems to be in on.

Casey Kotchman.

He might win the AL batting title, and if you look back at his career its pretty clear he was becoming a pretty good hitter back in 2007 when he was traded for Mark Teixieria it completely derailed him as a player. He's just now coming back to what many said he would be, a batting title contender.

His rookie was from the heralded 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft set, with the refractors serial numbered to just 300 copies. I managed to snag one at auction for a whole 99 cents last week. :)

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:

Casey Kotchman.

He might win the AL batting title, and if you look back at his career its pretty clear he was becoming a pretty good hitter back in 2007 when he was traded for Mark Teixieria it completely derailed him as a player. He's just now coming back to what many said he would be, a batting title contender.

His rookie was from the heralded 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft set, with the refractors serial numbered to just 300 copies. I managed to snag one at auction for a whole 99 cents last week. :)
From $.99 he obviously could see major increases, but do you think a high-average, low power guy could see real hobby love?

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
If Carlos Santana continues to develop and hit for a more respectable average to go with his power, it stands to reason that his cards could see a big spike. I sure hope they do, because I've got quite the Santana stash. :)

emarc27

Oct 6, 2010
NYC-->St. Louis
Topnotchsy said:
Mudcatsfan said:

Casey Kotchman.

From $.99 he obviously could see major increases, but do you think a high-average, low power guy could see real hobby love?

this^

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I know people have mixed emotions about him, so call me crazy, but if the Brewers go far in the post-season, I could see America falling in love with Nyjer Morgan's hustle and personality, and his cards spiking for a week or two. Of course, the fact that his rookie cards picture him as a Pirate won't help.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Nyjer is crazy. The only person i've seen get in more arguments with fans is Milton Bradley. My favorite is when he fake throws the ball to fans after an out during away games. The stupid loud drunk people do love to heckle this guy, and they probably deserve whatever he says/does.

Ellsbury, big time. Remember the playoffs his rookie year. He's had barely any nice cards listed all season, or even before the season. Def nothing real cool or must have. Demand has to out do what's available soon.

Members online