Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NY East Coast National Aug 13-16 8 HOF PLAYERS plus Syndergaard Matz Bo BGS PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Awesome piece!

Thanks! Below is a picture from a scanner instead of my phone. I really like the large autograph combined with the historic pose that captures Gehrig in a way that shows his tragic story as he dons the legendary pinstripes, but is choked up by the reality of the disease that ultimately took his life.

On the show in general:
The show was went really nicely for me as I was able to sell quite a few items (actually came home with more cash than I went with.)

My first interest was in getting the 2 lineup cards (including the one below signed by manager Walter Johnson) authenticated. Both PSA/DNA and JSA were at the show. I was a little disappointed that neither would authenticate lineup cards (they would only analyze the signatures). I ended up going with PSA/DNA because they were $50 cheaper for Johnson's signature. One thing I prefer about JSA is the wording they use. JSA will mention specifically if the other writing is in the hand of the signer. PSA/DNA told me they only note if the handwriting is not in the player's hand. I figure it would be better substantiated if it was noted that all the writing was Johnson's, but ultimately chose to go with PSA/DNA as mentioned. Happily, both this one and the one I had signed by HOF manager Bucky Harris passed authentication.

20160461615_c39546cfe5_b.jpg

One thing that surprised me about the show was how little wax was there. Gone are the days with a few sellers offering just about anything from recent years. Now it was limited to 1-2 sellers with ok (at best) stock. I had hoped to buy a box from the early 00's (possibly a box of Greats of the Game or Tribute) but did not see anything close.

And the Gehrig:
20428120610_166dddd50e_b.jpg

Members online

Latest posts