Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nyjer Morgan starts another altercation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I love Nyjer Morgan.
signed
i

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
hive17 said:
I think we can all agree that this is only a thread-worthy incident because Morgan was involved. This was a pretty run-of-the-mill altercation and probably wouldn't have gotten noticed if it weren't Morgan and the Cards. Seemed like simple jaw-jacking. Morgan shouldn't have taken a step toward the infield even if he was baited. I also think this was frustration after a helluva AB that Nyjer lost.

I was surprised how fast Pujols got there. I'd swear the loudest initial outburst came from his direction; which is really out of character for big A.

I freely admit that T-Plush's "shat talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

If I were a Brewers fan I would hate having this cancer on my team. Its a shame that his antics take away from what the team is trying to accomplish on the field. I assume this behavior is his defense mechanism for being traded team to team and his average at best performance on the field.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
At least he actually cares enough about playing the game to get so worked up over these minor things. I'd rather have a guy like him on my team than one of those players who shave their beards, get the team-approved haircut and business suit, and conduct themselves like they work a 9-5 office job. There's nothing wrong with showing some passion or having some kind of personality. My favorite team pays JD Drew $14 million a year to play the field like a deaf-mute and hit with all the passion of a bored teenager. I'd love to see him replaced by someone who looks like they care about the game.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
DeliciousBacon said:
At least he actually cares enough about playing the game to get so worked up over these minor things. I'd rather have a guy like him on my team than one of those players who shave their beards, get the team-approved haircut and business suit, and conduct themselves like they work a 9-5 office job. There's nothing wrong with showing some passion or having some kind of personality. My favorite team pays JD Drew $14 million a year to play the field like a deaf-mute and hit with all the passion of a bored teenager. I'd love to see him replaced by someone who looks like they care about the game.

thats only because of Theo's mancrush.. Drew will be history when his contract is up. I wouldn't ever want to see him replaced with a toolbag like Morgan though. I hardly consider his antics passion for the game. To me he is disrespectful and an attention ***** and is really living up his chance to be on camera every opportunity he can get.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
If Nyger needs his alter ego and his "thuggish' behavior to hit over .300 then so be it.

I liked how Albert said what Nyger is doing isnt professional.

I guess admiring your 375 foot HR for 15 seconds is.

Wes

OG
Administrator
t_crabby95 said:
MacK said:
Taking it to Twitter now too, nice.

@TheRealTPlush Nyjer Morgan - T Dot
Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

even tweets like a low rent moron. you can take some people out of the ghetto..........

He's hardly from the ghetto, he grew up in Marin County, one of the richest communities in the world.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
1st4040 said:
hive17 said:
I think we can all agree that this is only a thread-worthy incident because Morgan was involved. This was a pretty run-of-the-mill altercation and probably wouldn't have gotten noticed if it weren't Morgan and the Cards. Seemed like simple jaw-jacking. Morgan shouldn't have taken a step toward the infield even if he was baited. I also think this was frustration after a helluva AB that Nyjer lost.

I was surprised how fast Pujols got there. I'd swear the loudest initial outburst came from his direction; which is really out of character for big A.

I freely admit that T-Plush's "shat talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

If I were a Brewers fan I would hate having this cancer on my team. Its a shame that his antics take away from what the team is trying to accomplish on the field. I assume this behavior is his defense mechanism for being traded team to team and his average at best performance on the field.

If you can explain to me how he's being a cancer right now, or how anything he's doing is distracting or taking away from the Brewers' success this year, I'm all ears.

We get it, you don't like him. Not many people do. But I can PROMISE you, 100% of Brewers' fans are thinking "Hey look at how good my team is doinf" first, and the issue that is Nyjer Morgan (if it even is one) come in a distant second, if it ranks at all.

I think what drives people absolutely BONKERS, is that there is a flashy "tool bag" guy on a team that is winning, and it ruins everyone's classic arguement of "how about you worry about the game and not yourself and your ego." The problem everyone else has is that Morgans' ego and idiocy are directly related to how much fun he and the team are having and that contributes to winning. It would MUCH easier for Brewers' fans to have a problem with him if we were losing or he was sucking hard-core; but he's not, the Brewers are good, and you'd have to be an IDIOT to want it to change while your teams is winning.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Sam Banks said:
hive17 said:

The one thing I noticed that could have set someone off, and I didn't see it from another angle to see if that is actually what happened, but when he took his chew out of his mouth it looked like he threw it toward the mound. That may have been what set Pujols off, but I'd have to see it from another angle.

Anyhoo, I think Nyjer is a moron, and have been sick of his antics from the start, and if I were on his team, he'd be getting a nice talking to, or a punch in the face to put him in his place. The team is on a playoff run, they don't need any distractions on or off the field.

YOU NAILED IT SAM.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Wes said:
t_crabby95 said:
MacK said:
Taking it to Twitter now too, nice.

Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

even tweets like a low rent moron. you can take some people out of the ghetto..........

He's hardly from the ghetto, he grew up in Marin County, one of the richest communities in the world.

Then he should start acting like it.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Nice back and fourth on PTI about Morgan earlier today. My question Brewer fans is what happens when he gets himself suspended with his antics? The teams current success is helping to fuel his alter ego because he is more visiable now, what happens when he goes too far like he is trying to do on twitter?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Seriously this guy is an idiot. I mean when you have the alter ego that is fine but when you start becoming a distraction to your team acting like he is some thug by day baseball player by night guy it becomes too much. He is just not worth having on a team, is he good yes but if you have a player who has been as problematic as a Nyjer Morgan and I am not even talking about with just the Brewers with every team this has been the trend. He thinks he is the best on the team so he thinks he can have the huge egos, but he is not even top 5 best Brewers players this year. He needs to stop talking and just enjoy the playoffs the only time he will go in his carrer. I say that because this guy is about as sane as Carlos Zambrano; WHo in the hell talks about themself in the third person. I am not saying this because I am a Cardinals fan, I would say this for any player who acts as such. Baseball at that level is not supposed to be fun, it is a business. Those owners care about what Nyger Morgan about as much as the CEO of McDonalds cares about a cashier worker, Not very much. If he continues to act like this he will probably not have a job because his head would'nt even fit in an 8 3/4 hat right now. Just because your team is in first place it does not give you the right to act like a tool, act like a professional set a good example for kids not this Tony Plush bush league bull shat.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
Seriously this guy is an idiot. I mean when you have the alter ego that is fine but when you start becoming a distraction to your team acting like he is some thug by day baseball player by night guy it becomes too much. He is just not worth having on a team, is he good yes but if you have a player who has been as problematic as a Nyjer Morgan and I am not even talking about with just the Brewers with every team this has been the trend. He thinks he is the best on the team so he thinks he can have the huge egos, but he is not even top 5 best Brewers players this year. He needs to stop talking and just enjoy the playoffs the only time he will go in his carrer. I say that because this guy is about as sane as Carlos Zambrano; WHo in the hell talks about themself in the third person. I am not saying this because I am a Cardinals fan, I would say this for any player who acts as such. Baseball at that level is not supposed to be fun, it is a business. Those owners care about what Nyger Morgan about as much as the CEO of McDonalds cares about a cashier worker, Not very much. If he continues to act like this he will probably not have a job because his head would'nt even fit in an 8 3/4 hat right now. Just because your team is in first place it does not give you the right to act like a tool, act like a professional set a good example for kids not this Tony Plush bush league bull shat.

Did you really just type that baseball isn't supposed to be fun? All your opinions about baseball have just been rendered inert and stupid.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
hive17 said:
PujolsCollector said:

Did you really just type that baseball isn't supposed to be fun? All your opinions about baseball have just been rendered inert and stupid.

I agree. A lot of idiotic statements were made here. If you can't have fun in any job you have, you're in the wrong job. And a CEO that doesn't care about a cashier? If you ever make it that far in life, let me know if it's because you walked all over the "lowly" workers. I'm going to bet I don't hear from you anytime soon.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
I seen Morgan early this afternoon and he knew he was in for an butt chewing. I think the Twitter comments went too far, but Carpenter was just as much at fault as Morgan was on the field. That still doesn't make it right.

He's a real fan friendly guy, and that is why I'll always like him.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:

I freely admit that T-Plush's "**** talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

I'll definitely agree that I only started this thread because Morgan was involved. It's okay to be out of line, but when he's doing this so often, these incidents are scrutinized. That's probably exactly the attention he wants, but oh well, lol.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
MacK said:
hive17 said:

I freely admit that T-Plush's "**** talking" via Twitter at Pujols was pretty weak.

I'll definitely agree that I only started this thread because Morgan was involved. It's okay to be out of line, but when he's doing this so often, these incidents are scrutinized. That's probably exactly the attention he wants, but oh well, lol.

Did he do these type of things in Pitt? I don't remember any instances with him being an idiot there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts