Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October 2021 - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
This showed up on eBay four days ago and I hit the $18 BIN instantly. Got it today via eBay PWE. It beat several bubble mailers here by a couple days.

Another replacement copy for my master set
Harmon Killebrew Replacement Copy.jpgHarmon Killebrew Replacement Copy Back.jpg

I have an Ernie Banks black ink base coming too so I've actually finished up the pack issued set once it gets here. I'm just chasing variations for the Master Set now. I need 8 more cards. I'll add the replacement copies if and when I see them if I can afford them but I'm not including them in the checklist. Thanks to the BGS pop report I also know there's at least one Nolan Ryan Refractor Auto Executive Proof numbered XXXX/2,000 and a Yogi Berra unnumbered, unsigned proof floating around out there.

There was some other 90s goodness in the mail today too. It was another 300 count box packed full so highlights again. The same sale had several #'d Bagwells I needed fairly cheap so I went ahead and snagged them too.
90s inserts.jpg Bagwell Lot.jpg

It wasn't till I was putting them up that I realized the Textbook Excellence is a duplicate so if someone needs one let me know.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
A little more manageable mail day today size wise but I've been excited to get home since about noon when I got the notice that this was in my mailbox

2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph.jpg
I just need the Red Shimmer now for the rainbow.

I also picked up another 2019 Chrome Gold Refractor. Think that makes 7 of the 50. I don't usually grab doubles but when they're $3 shipped why not.
2019 Topps Chrome Update Gold Refractor 2.jpg

There was a very small '90s lot as well.
90s inserts.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Really small mail day today

Game used ball from 07/10/2016 with the ticket from the game - Helsley didn't actually pitch in this game but I'll take it lol.
Game Used Peoria Ball.jpg Peoria Ticket.jpg

One lonely Ken Griffey Jr insert to represent the '90s
Griffey Hats Off.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
102421-1.jpg
I'm now only 2 away from the 2000 Bowman Gold/99 team set, but one is a player I collect heavily and in 21 years I can't remember ever seeing one...so probably not a set I'm completing any time soon. The Grieve SI World Series Fever Extra Edition is 37/98. I've got a couple of really good '90s Grieve parallels incoming in the next week or so.

102421-2.jpg
The Dave Stewart is 5/5, I've wanted to get one of his auto variations from '05 DK for a while so I pulled the trigger on this one to knock it off my wantlist. That is one particular set where I definitely don't go for every single variation. The Zito auto is 01/50 so that's kinda neat but I'd rather these not be stickers. Bobby Crosby completes the 2009 Allen and Ginter Mini Black Border team set.

102421-3.jpg
And some 2021 color.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Just two today

Trying to finish this one up. Three fourths of the way there. 2 to go. Anyone have a Barry Larkin or Albert Belle that needs a home?
3 Frank Thomas.jpg

Love the Opening Day colored Foils. I actually prefer them to the flagships of the same color. I just wish they were numbered.
2018 Topps Opening Day Purple Foil.jpg

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A couple of super sweet '90s cards in today:

102521.jpg
1998 Topps Tek Diffractor AJ Hinch...I already had a Grieve Diffractor so that's one of each A's player from the set. I only feel like I "need" one of each player since there is no way I'm completing a set of all the Diffractor patterns. I will pick up more if I happen to see them for a great deal, though. The 1999 Gold Label Grieve is a Class 2 Red Label, 26/50.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
It's just one lonely card today but it finishes up the pack issued part of this set. Now I just have to chase down the last 8 variations.

1998 Donruss Significant Signatures Ernie Banks /2,000
Ernie Banks Black.jpg

Pack pulled set picture:
pack-pulled-set.jpg

Last edited:

Chefmatt33

Sep 12, 2017
Trying to finish this one up. Three fourths of the way there. 2 to go. Anyone have a Barry Larkin or Albert Belle that needs a home?
A little more manageable mail day today size wise but I've been excited to get home since about noon when I got the notice that this was in my mailbox

View attachment 314773
I just need the Red Shimmer now for the rainbow.

I also picked up another 2019 Chrome Gold Refractor. Think that makes 7 of the 50. I don't usually grab doubles but when they're $3 shipped why not.
View attachment 314774

There was a very small '90s lot as well.
View attachment 314772
So, I've got a Red Paper Helsley and an Auto Red First Bowman too, just not graded! Love it!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Only thing in the mail today but I'm extremely happy to have it.

Cool Papa Bell Letter.jpg

I know most people wouldn't even give this piece a second look but I thought it was cool as hell. I love baseball memorabilia with a history to it. I wish I could find out if the card mentioned in the letter was ever made and if so find a copy to put with the letter. The cut auto because Cool Papa had gone blind at that point and the note from his wife Clara put it over the top for me.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Only thing in the mail today but I'm extremely happy to have it.

View attachment 314924

I know most people wouldn't even give this piece a second look but I thought it was cool as hell. I love baseball memorabilia with a history to it. I wish I could find out if the card mentioned in the letter was ever made and if so find a copy to put with the letter. The cut auto because Cool Papa had gone blind at that point and the note from his wife Clara put it over the top for me.
Now that is the kind of cut auto that is awesome! That for me is way better than a card with a cut auto, congrats man!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Now that is the kind of cut auto that is awesome! That for me is way better than a card with a cut auto, congrats man!
Mr. Carter is actually still alive and I've sent him an email and tried to make contact with him through LinkedIn so we'll see. Maybe I can find out more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts