Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD - Final Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD - Welcome to Day 2

There will be no family reunion for the Harper Brothers.

Bryan just went to the Cubs in the 27th round.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

Hallsgator said:
Bryce Brentz to sign for slot. 891K.

Red Sox have done very well with Brentz and Vitek at slot so far even though both were drafted lower than originally projected. If they can pull off signing their first 6-7 picks, it will have to rank up their with one of the better drafts in recent memory for one team.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008

hopefully Wolters goes to USD and doesn't sign with Cleveland.

Cleveland sucks...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

One final note from Day 2 --- Brian Ragira, another notable, was picked by the Rangers in the 30th.

Welcome to Day 3. A few interesting names remain, but if they sign it'll be a rarity.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Round 31 - David's brother Justin Renfroe joins him in the Red Sox organization.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Waiting to hear some local names in the late rounds.

If they get picked, they will sign immediately. Not the smartest tools in the shed, but can mash.

Book learning for 4th year isn't their priority.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:mrgreen:

JAYPERS (IL): Your thoughts on Folty going as high as he did? Who would you give the nod to in terms of a higher ceiling - him or Lyles?

Jim Callis: I thought Mike Foltynewicz would be a second-rounder. Love the arm, doesn't have a consistently good breaking ball yet, which was why I didn't think he'd go quite that high. He has a higher ceiling than Jordan Lyles.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Jaypers said:
:mrgreen:

JAYPERS (IL): Your thoughts on Folty going as high as he did? Who would you give the nod to in terms of a higher ceiling - him or Lyles?

Jim Callis: I thought Mike Foltynewicz would be a second-rounder. Love the arm, doesn't have a consistently good breaking ball yet, which was why I didn't think he'd go quite that high. He has a higher ceiling than Jordan Lyles.

:p

Members online

Latest posts