Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Hockey Pickup Thread - June 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Getting the month started off right with 2 PC pickups....

These cards are awesome in person. Really digging this year's rookie design
09-10UDIceChristianHanson499.png

and this also came in today. Might have to settle for this for a while, as his Cup Rookies have skyrocketed to ridiculous amounts.

06-07SPXDustinByfuglienJsy1999.png

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Sneak some in for June:

Start chronologically.

05/06 Rookie stuff:

Upper Deck Young Guns RC (x2) - these are #126 & 127:

UpperDeck127.jpg

Ultimate Collection Ultimate Signatures - #38:

UltimateCollectionUltimateSignat-37.jpg

The Cup UD MVP Magenta Printing Plate 1/1 - #2 have Cyan:

TheCupUpperDeckUpperDeckMVPMagentaP.jpg

06/07 stuff:

ITG auto - #4:

ITGHeroesProspectsAuto4.jpg

The Cup Dual Scripted Swatches 5/5 - #3 of these:

TheCupDualScriptedSwatcheswithGa-2.jpg

Upper Deck Black Printing Plate 1/1:

UpperDeckMasterpieceBlackPrintingPl.jpg

07/08 stuff:

Ultimate Collection Ultimate Achievements auto /23 - #5:

UltimateCollectionUltimateAchiev-1.jpg

08/09 stuff:

UD Black Marks of Obsidian dual auto gold /10 - #3:
UDBlackDualMarksofObsidianGoldAu-1.jpg

09/10 new stuff:

Upper Deck Ice Frozen Fabrics jersey:

UpperDeckIceFrozenFabrics.jpg

SPGU Authentic Fabrics Triple jersey /25:

SPGameUsedAuthenticFabricsTripleJer.jpg

SPGU Famous Fight Straps /10 (x2):

SPGameUsedFamousFightStraps.jpg

SPGameUsedFamousFightStraps2.jpg

That's all folks.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Bobby nice Ice rookie and Byfugylien Spx rookie.

lumm0x as always great additions and I love The Cup Rookie Masterpiece and the Scripted Swatches. those Fight Strap cards are sweet as well.

Da_Fish

Mar 27, 2010
This is the only board I really post pics and I'm not sure if this guy ever played hockey. :)

It's just pretty cool, so I wanted to post it:

truman.jpg

I came back to eastern PA for the weekend and I bought a collection off a guy and this was one of the cards.

TROY

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
awesome Truman auto Troy.

I'm sure even if he never played hockey he knew what hockey was so posting that is fine by me :D

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I haven't picked up anything hockey related in a while now with the exception of some boxes. Figured that the time was right, seeing as how I can't seem to find much football stuff that's interesting me currently.

gagne2.jpg
My, my, my. These Cup cards have always looked nice on the internet, but now that I've actually got one in hand I'm smitten. Don't be surprised to see more of these in the future.

riemsdyk1.jpg
I really like the look of this year's Champ's set, so I picked up the Flyers team set. The others are still incoming.

briere1.jpg
Nice looking and cheap. Can't beat that. Briere has a fantastic looking signature, by the way. One odd thing about this card is the design to the left and right of the player name on the bottom of the card. It looks like the headlights from some kind of luxury car to me.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I know I say it all the time but I love The Cup Limited Logo's (even if they are Flyers cards).

congrats on some nice hockey additions Groat.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Love me some Cup auto/patches! Even if a set named Limited Logos has ceased to contain logos ::facepalm::

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
WOW!!!! You guys are all starting the month off with a bang!! Great additions so far :shock:

A question for Lumm0x, i was curious with your Carter collection, if you have pulled a "Quincy" so far? As in getting a complete run of one of Carter cards. Like 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5?

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I have a couple low print run ones like /2 or /3. Should be completely my first /5 shortly with an incoming card. I'm a card or two away from a couple of /10 as well.

Latest posts