Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (01 UD MVP Batting Glove 6 card lot)-----------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Well, if thats your stance, it seems like the original intent of this thread was lost.

The original intent was paying it forward, not backward. When a Soler Refractor auto is claimed, but never shipped, that's not paying it forward. When HOF gu is claimed, and replaced with low end refractor/McD's coupons, there's nothing forward. My viewpoint isn't skewed, and was well within the original intent. I'm pretty sure the majority here, agree with me.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
The original intent was paying it forward, not backward. When a Soler Refractor auto is claimed, but never shipped, that's not paying it forward. When HOF gu is claimed, and replaced with low end refractor/McD's coupons, there's nothing forward. My viewpoint isn't skewed, and was well within the original intent. I'm pretty sure the majority here, agree with me.

So then adjust...

Dont let a really good thing get lost due to those issues. Dont mail until the person claiming indicates what he's sending. I haven participated but have watched and its been much more good that bad.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Well, if thats your stance, it seems like the original intent of this thread was lost.

I understand why you are saying this, but trying to simplify the situation with this logic is no good here. People can only get punched so many times before they fall and can't get back up. Those of us that participated in this thread and had a bad experience are jaded and aren't likely to try yet again. Pay It Forward, to me, means I had something nice done for me and, because of my gratitude for that, I give back to someone else. This thread had members who followed that logic. But others who participated saw it as a chance to get something nice and NOT pay it forward - instead, they reduced the thread to nothing more than common cards, for the most part, after taking very nice ones. It was greed, not pay it forward at work here. I surely hope you can see why people would not want to continue to contribute and support such a situation.

The original intent of this thread, by definition, couldn't survive with people taking nice stuff and replacing it with crap. I'm pretty certain what I am saying here is exactly what is going through the minds of all of those that wanted this to work. And you can bet there are 10x's as many FCB users who are sad this thread died because they can no longer get something nice for themselves, as opposed to giving something nice to someone else.

Edit: I see there was more dialogue while I was writing this. To that extent, I'd like to add that we did adjust. If you haven't found that thread yet, then you aren't looking hard enough.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I understand why you are saying this, but trying to simplify the situation with this logic is no good here. People can only get punched so many times before they fall and can't get back up. Those of us that participated in this thread and had a bad experience are jaded and aren't likely to try yet again. Pay It Forward, to me, means I had something nice done for me and, because of my gratitude for that, I give back to someone else. This thread had members who followed that logic. But others who participated saw it as a chance to get something nice and NOT pay it forward - instead, they reduced the thread to nothing more than common cards, for the most part, after taking very nice ones. It was greed, not pay it forward at work here. I surely hope you can see why people would not want to continue to contribute and support such a situation.

The original intent of this thread, by definition, couldn't survive with people taking nice stuff and replacing it with crap. I'm pretty certain what I am saying here is exactly what is going through the minds of all of those that wanted this to work. And you can bet there are 10x's as many FCB users who are sad this thread died because they can no longer get something nice for themselves, as opposed to giving something nice to someone else.

I need to apologize since i didnt really think out what i was typing originally. I hope that you all can come to some type of way of making sure its closer to fairs since its such a fun thing to watch.

If you need the help of someone to make sure that happen, let me know...

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I need to apologize since i didnt really think out what i was typing originally. I hope that you all can come to some type of way of making sure its closer to fairs since its such a fun thing to watch.

If you need the help of someone to make sure that happen, let me know...

think the Upper Echelon Free to good home thread is doing well and taking the place of this thread.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Some people on here paid it forward big time without even claiming cards and it was basically spit on by several uncaring selfish members who only saw an easy way to obtain a nice card. while replacing it with a card they couldn't sell for months and somehow thought somebody would like it for their PC

Members online

Latest posts