Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official WBC Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
No one cares about this? We looked horrible today. Bats did not show up at all. With that lineup, we should be putting up a 10 spot each game.

Cuba lost to the Netherlands!

Italy looking strong.

USA has a major hill to climb. We have to beat Italy and Canada if we want to move on and pray that Canada beats Mexico.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Netherlands is HOT!!! Looks like things will be a little interesting this year for the US, that's for sure. Hopefully they put on a show against Canada tomorrow. I'll be there!!!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I love the WBC but yeah US looked aweful. Our pitching is weak and Dickey looked like he didn't have it from pitch 1 last night. It is a little embarrassing at the USA's overall record in the tournament but its only the 3rd one. I don't see them/MLB teams ever really letting loose with their top ace pitchers in this event unfortunately, or even top pitching prospects. Too risky which I guess is understandable

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Its tough to really root for a team that has very few stars. Look at the pitching staff... without Verlander, Kershaw, Price and Weaver the US isnt using their best players. They do have Braun, Stanton and Mauer... but this is far from an All Star team like the Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

Ill watch the games just because its march 9th and baseball is being played.... but if the US loses all 3 games... I wont care one bit... just keep the players from getting injured so the MLB teams can win.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
USA has been a disappointment these first three tournaments. Winter time is their offseason so they haven't been training like the South American teams in winter ball. And due to spring training and possible injuries its tough for a lot of bigger names to represent their country. They just look rusty out there. Hopefully they can still win their pool by beating Italy (who's hot) and Canada.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Very disappointed by Canada's performance yesterday. I caught a bit of the game when they went down 5-1 early, but then had to leave the TV when it was 6-4 Italy. Then today hear Italy won 14-4 via mercy rule?!?

It'd be easy to say "If only they had Lawrie at third" or "If only Martin didn't want to play short" etc. From the part of the game I saw Italy looked really strong. They've shown they should not be taken lightly.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't think most americans care really. Its nowhere near our best players yet every other country yields their best.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Its tough to really root for a team that has very few stars. Look at the pitching staff... without Verlander, Kershaw, Price and Weaver the US isnt using their best players. They do have Braun, Stanton and Mauer... but this is far from an All Star team like the Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

Ill watch the games just because its march 9th and baseball is being played.... but if the US loses all 3 games... I wont care one bit... just keep the players from getting injured so the MLB teams can win.
The Dominican team is missing a lot of their stars as well.

Members online