Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Here is a checklist:

[url]http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1998
pinnacle plus mirror team&tmm=extended[/URL]

PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleMirror_merged.jpg

MartinezPedro_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleMirror_merged.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleMirror_merged.jpg

Clemens / Maddux isn't mine

Is there an official checklist to this set?

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Hey guys, I was looking through some cards and noticed something strange about the serial numbers on my z2 axis die cuts... I currently have 3 from the set. Jim thome, Randy Johnson, and Ken Griffey Jr. The Johnson and the Griffey are both wood but the serial number on the Griffey is holographic "foil" while the serial numbers on the other 2 are regular gold foil... so if anyone has any z2's, it would be cool to figure out whats going on here...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here is a good rainbow for a player collector:

scan0002-4.jpg

Here is a twist, anyone have their guy's rainbow for their showing on a checklist from the same release? Belle was on the checklist with Dante Bichette. I have the Base, Bronze and now Gold (pictured from eBay auction below) but don't have the Silver which obviously is the tough one to get because people probably don't know they have it - also, Beckett doesn't have these variations on player checklists.

$_3.JPG

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013

scan0002-4.jpg

Here is a twist, anyone have their guy's rainbow for their showing on a checklist from the same release? Belle was on the checklist with Dante Bichette. I have the Base, Bronze and now Gold (pictured from eBay auction below) but don't have the Silver which obviously is the tough one to get because people probably don't know they have it - also, Beckett doesn't have these variations on player checklists.

$_3.JPG

Gorgeous

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Guess i'll go pick up the base card on COMC now...for my Piazza PC i haven't been able to find the silver and bronze press proofs at a good price

MartinezPedro_1996LeafBronzePressProofs.jpg
MartinezPedro_1996LeafSilverPressProofs.jpg
MartinezPedro_1996LeafGoldPressProofs.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
and finally picked up the 98 Donruss Production Line Slugging card...finished the rainbow! definitely one of the nicer looking 90s inserts and not terribly expensive relative to its other 98 Donruss brethren...

PiazzaMike_1998DonrussProductionLineOn-Base_400.jpg
PiazzaMike_1998DonrussProductionLinePowerIndex_485.jpg
PiazzaMike_1998DonrussProductionLineSlugging_544_zpsc111208d.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

scan0002-4.jpg

$_3.JPG

**Mind Blown!**
i have heard the random, offhand remark about people who collect checklist cards of their player, but this is the first time I have actually seen someone admit it. Thank you! I'm showing this to my wife to prove that I'm not too bad!! Maybe she'll raise my allowance!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
**Mind Blown!**
i have heard the random, offhand remark about people who collect checklist cards of their player, but this is the first time I have actually seen someone admit it. Thank you! I'm showing this to my wife to prove that I'm not too bad!! Maybe she'll raise my allowance!

Haha!

Just to be clear, he is on the back and Beckett shows it as a card of his but not the parallels haha. I haven't gone as far as to pick up checklist cards which say Albert Belle on them or even venture into the world of cameo. Just not ready for those yet lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Haha!

Just to be clear, he is on the back and Beckett shows it as a card of his but not the parallels haha. I haven't gone as far as to pick up checklist cards which say Albert Belle on them or even venture into the world of cameo. Just not ready for those yet lol

---

Thank god. I thought you meant that you picked up the checklist that had just his name on it the first time I read it. Congrats on the nice pick up though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thank god. I thought you meant that you picked up the checklist that had just his name on it the first time I read it. Congrats on the nice pick up though.
Yea, I guess his name does appear on the checklist as well but he is on the back and beckett considers it a card of his... just not the bronze, silver and gold... of which I'm only looking for the silver.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Haha!

---

That's about the only thing I have left that I can find sometimes. I will take-em.

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, what version of the Swing for the Fences card is this card, I've never seen one like it before:
RolenPPSFF_zpsee1d44f2.jpg

Members online