Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
fa2bb66a-b85b-440e-b45a-16de1fd7eddb_zps065cb084.jpg

Sweet 90's gold

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
I recently joined the board and am really enjoying going through some of the threads. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through this one. I'll be sure to add some scans as I go along. I've recently dug out my 1998 SPx Finite set and have gone back to working on it (happens every few years). With every card serial numbered, the whole dang thing feels like one big, impossible insert set to me. I need fifteen of the cards #d to 100, and eighteen of the cards #d to 50 and I'll have this rascal completed.

Anyway, I just wanted to say “thanks” to all of you for sharing so many great cards on this thread.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Any of you seen the silver foil on this before? I just picked it up off COMC, the rest had gold/copper-ish foil on them.
rZRsCy0.jpg
tevcuzi.jpg

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It's actually probably gold foil that looks silver in the scan. I showed off a bronze and gold foil Thomas pair in this thread awhile back.

I've even found a gold variant of the Frank Thomas promo of the card!

img658.jpg
img659.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I did my first ever BGS submission recently. I included my favorite Marlins 90's card, the 1997 Finest Embossed Gold refractor Conine. Ended up getting a 9.5, pop 1. I have no idea if the set is popular or if BGS has a registry, but I paid $2 for it

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I did my first ever BGS submission recently. I included my favorite Marlins 90's card, the 1997 Finest Embossed Gold refractor Conine. Ended up getting a 9.5, pop 1. I have no idea if the set is popular or if BGS has a registry, but I paid $2 for it

Awesome!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
It's actually probably gold foil that looks silver in the scan. I showed off a bronze and gold foil Thomas pair in this thread awhile back.

I've even found a gold variant of the Frank Thomas promo of the card!
That's pretty sweet. So these do have some foil variations?

I did check it out in hand after I posted and sure enough it is silver foil. So there's the regular copper and then a gold, as well?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That's pretty sweet. So these do have some foil variations?

I did check it out in hand after I posted and sure enough it is silver foil. So there's the regular copper and then a gold, as well?

Wow, the silver is a first for me...I've got to start hunting again. The bronze is the most common foil by far, but for every 25 or 20 bronze, I find a gold foil. I've never seen a silver until now. These aren't announced foil differences, probably production uhohs, but they're cool.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Welcome to the boards. You will find some great information on here but better people. We will all be looking forward to seeing some of your collection.

I recently joined the board and am really enjoying going through some of the threads. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through this one. I'll be sure to add some scans as I go along. I've recently dug out my 1998 SPx Finite set and have gone back to working on it (happens every few years). With every card serial numbered, the whole dang thing feels like one big, impossible insert set to me. I need fifteen of the cards #d to 100, and eighteen of the cards #d to 50 and I'll have this rascal completed.

Anyway, I just wanted to say “thanks” to all of you for sharing so many great cards on this thread.