Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Yes you are correct I can post scans later don't have full rainbows of my guys but the toughie mirrors are out of the way

Tracking down both golds has been difficult

I finally landed this toughie. Now I need some visual proof to clarify what is really out there with these inserts. I know there are 2 versions of the Red. Are there 2 versions of the regular Gold as well? And I am almost certain there is only 1 version of the mirror. But please confirm.

View attachment 41201

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I finally landed this toughie. Now I need some visual proof to clarify what is really out there with these inserts. I know there are 2 versions of the Red. Are there 2 versions of the regular Gold as well? And I am almost certain there is only 1 version of the mirror. But please confirm.

View attachment 41201
Yes just The 1 Mirror Gold, Cardpedia has a few thing wrong in this statement , but the only 1 card is right

• Mirror Gold (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
NOTE: Since the Mirror Gold cards have holographic foil on BOTH sides of the card, only one version of each card exists.

I'm still in need of the other Griffey Gold I got this one
998teampinnaclegoldfoilside_zps2a27dd1e.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I agree only one version of the Mirror cards exists, but I wouldn't say that BOTH sides of the card have holographic foil.

Every single Mirror card i've handled has the same design - only the front of the each has the holographic foil, the back of each is normal (no foil, nothing shiny)

here's my Mike Piazza run. as you can see, i'm missing the gold version that has Piazza gold / I-Rod foil. I believe the reverse exists (with Piazza foil). The Piazza side of the card is the front, the I-rod is the back. and i have seen versions of this card where the front is not foil and the back is (see the Kenny Lofton / Andruw Jones ebay listing below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Pinnacle-Plus-Team-Pinnacle-Gold-9-Kenny-Lofton-Andruw-Jones-Indians-Brave-/361055515723?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item541095f44b&nma=true&si=mbti3CK10qRHV7nYiFFDvYLaLmY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnaclefoil_mergedIRod_zpsfcd00aaf.jpg
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacle_mergedIRod_zps8629907b.jpg

PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleGoldfoil_mergedIRod_zpse2c89e82.jpg
PiazzaMike_1998PinnaclePlusTeamPinnacleMirror_mergedIRod_zps5c60347d.jpg

Yes just The 1 Mirror Gold, Cardpedia has a few thing wrong in this statement , but the only 1 card is right

• Mirror Gold (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
NOTE: Since the Mirror Gold cards have holographic foil on BOTH sides of the card, only one version of each card exists.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I accidentally got into a bidding war with a fellow board member on this one and had to pay over $100:

attachment.php

What really drew me to it was that it was maybe the only one I've seen without print lines. Most of them have one vertically and one horizontally.

But when I got it in hand I also noticed that it felt different than the Ripken I had in my collection temporarily. The Ripken had a thicker stock and the surface was smooth as silk. Always regretted selling it. Still the best card I've ever owned by far.

attachment.php

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I accidentally got into a bidding war with a fellow board member on this one and had to pay over $100:

attachment.php

What really drew me to it was that it was maybe the only one I've seen without print lines. Most of them have one vertically and one horizontally.

But when I got it in hand I also noticed that it felt different than the Ripken I had in my collection temporarily. The Ripken had a thicker stock and the surface was smooth as silk. Always regretted selling it. Still the best card I've ever owned by far.

attachment.php

Different stock as in a fake card

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
You don't realize certain people still need a card :mad:. lol :p

Yeah, I didn't think you'd be going for it since the Lofton side was the mirror. Had we discussed in PMs I would have backed down and the bidding would have been much lower. I think I was able to determine that from the bid history. But since I had to pay up, I'm not as willing to give it up. Plus it's one of the most beautiful cards in my collection and is on the front page of my favorite album.

At the time we discussed how appropriate the final price was, and George nailed it when he said it was probably fair because you never know when this card this rare might show up again. I haven't seen one hit ebay since then, and precious few of the others (like that A-Rod).

Members online

Latest posts