Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Some of you may know I am a sucker for serial numbered cards the same as my players jersey number. Well the notorious stock photo Burbank who never lists serial numbers and only recently showed card back photos posted a card with my players serial numbered jersey. It's a card I have a few copies of already. Well it showed up today and to my surprise it was the same card!!
image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
ARRIVED thursday, very happy to be reuinted with this. i bought one WAY back in the early days of my collecting. come to think of it, probably the year these came out, 98 when i was in the 8th grade. cost me $250 of my graduation money but was worth every penny. ended up selling it soon after to invest in a couple of kobe autographs and never thought id grab one again. happy to say i was wrong.

View attachment 43209

Nice. I was bidding on that auction. Ended strong. Great card, I've got the purple and the green, but the red will have to wait.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Does anyone know, do all of these 1999 UD Choice Jumbos have the Prime Choice on them or is this a parallel?
attachment.php

So that's where that ended up! I sent the seller a message about the actual size and then forgot about it in my watch list. I'm under the impression that the jumbos are not prime choice noted yet this isn't serial numbered either. I'm stumped.

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
Does anyone know, do all of these 1999 UD Choice Jumbos have the Prime Choice on them or is this a parallel?
attachment.php

You know, until now, I haven't seen another besides the one that I own. I haven't been able to find any literature on this card and it's not listed in Beckett or any other price guide. I would assume that it is a parallel to the regular jumbo cards from this set, but I don't have a definite answer. I do know that there are 3 different jumbo versions of this card. A 3x5 All-Star jumbo which is #4 in that set. A 5x7 jumbo, card #1 . And then this prime choice reserve parallel to the base jumbo set, also card #1 .

Hope this helps!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

HawkeyeFan

Jan 13, 2012
Iowa
So that's where that ended up! I sent the seller a message about the actual size and then forgot about it in my watch list. I'm under the impression that the jumbos are not prime choice noted yet this isn't serial numbered either. I'm stumped.

You know, until now, I haven't seen another besides the one that I own. I haven't been able to find any literature on this card and it's not listed in Beckett or any other price guide. I would assume that it is a parallel to the regular jumbo cards from this set, but I don't have a definite answer. I do know that there are 3 different jumbo versions of this card. A 3x5 All-Star jumbo which is #4 in that set. A 5x7 jumbo, card #1 . And then this prime choice reserve parallel to the base jumbo set, also card #1 .

Hope this helps!

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Thanks for the info guys. I thought I remebered seeing the Cover Glory jumbo Griffey some time back and that didn't have the Prime Choice on it so that's what got me to wondering. Another detail, the Prime Choice on the jumbo isn't the same prismatic foil type surface like that of the regular Prime Choice Reserves. Perhaps we could have some sort of Promo?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] - Nice grab! I have the Belle, both sealed and also broken out.

Fun fact, Beckett just this week or over last weekend broke out the cards in the pack into individual cards per player checklists. I had noticed Belle's checklist went up 2 cards (because 1 was already on there as the combo) and when I looked, all three cards were listed individually and the combo was taken off, so net net it was +2 cards but I had them all, so all smiles here :)

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Some of you may know I am a sucker for serial numbered cards the same as my players jersey number. Well the notorious stock photo Burbank who never lists serial numbers and only recently showed card back photos posted a card with my players serial numbered jersey. It's a card I have a few copies of already. Well it showed up today and to my surprise it was the same card!!
image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

Nice, I got this stock photo from Burbank, took a chance on it.

Image7_zps732d28b9.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] - Nice grab! I have the Belle, both sealed and also broken out.

Fun fact, Beckett just this week or over last weekend broke out the cards in the pack into individual cards per player checklists. I had noticed Belle's checklist went up 2 cards (because 1 was already on there as the combo) and when I looked, all three cards were listed individually and the combo was taken off, so net net it was +2 cards but I had them all, so all smiles here :)

Good to know. Yeah, I grabbed the unopened pack so I had it both ways too. I think I have two opened sets and now this sealed one.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Looking for some help from the experts distinguishing scans of 1999 Fleer Mystique base and gold parallels. How can you tell them apart? Three cards are on COMC with [missing] in the title, but judging from the asking prices I assume two are gold and one is base.

First card:

1999 Fleer Mystique [???] #83 - John Olerud
Courtesy of COMC.com

Second card:

Courtesy of COMC.com

Third card:

Courtesy of COMC.com

I can't tell if there are just different brightnesses in the scans or what. So which is which?

Thanks!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
That first one looks gold to me. I would show you mine but they were scanned with two different printers, and you cant really tell. But darnit, I know I have both!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
That first one looks gold to me. I would show you mine but they were scanned with two different printers, and you cant really tell. But darnit, I know I have both!

So you can definitely tell the difference if you have them side by side in-hand?

I should add that the first two pictured are listed together with higher prices, and the third one is listed on it's own at a much lower price.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Looking for some help from the experts distinguishing scans of 1999 Fleer Mystique base and gold parallels. How can you tell them apart? Three cards are on COMC with [missing] in the title, but judging from the asking prices I assume two are gold and one is base.

Courtesy of COMC.com

Second card:

Courtesy of COMC.com

Third card:

Courtesy of COMC.com

I can't tell if there are just different brightnesses in the scans or what. So which is which?

Thanks!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope this helps

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
Here are some more recent pick ups. The Donruss Collections are the samples. The 2nd pic are all 9 Jeter Star rubies.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts