Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I picked up the McGwire and Giambi. PSA did a cruddy job with the flips. These will now be in the registry under the "Parallel" version and not the Parallel 1 of 1 - non-numbered. Like other UD cards from 99-00 damage stock replacement, IMO.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
ED Golds are a pain in the ass. I just stumbled across a Piazza in a lot I picked up, but can't find 90% of my PC players. I think there's another Alan Trammell collector here who's never seen a copy of the Trammell.

I've been collecting Bonds since '98 and just got mine a few months ago. BIN 9.99! I couldn't click fast enough :)

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
ED Golds are a pain in the ass. I just stumbled across a Piazza in a lot I picked up, but can't find 90% of my PC players. I think there's another Alan Trammell collector here who's never seen a copy of the Trammell.

Wow
$_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231404565772

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Is that just player collector madness on the Trammel or is there some sort to short print that I am not aware of? By the way still looking for the gold electric diamond Puckett for my pc.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California

I overpaid for this BGS8.5 but since this is all I have, it will have to do until hopefully finding one ungraded. I've looked for this card for a long time and I was outbid on an ungraded copy a while back, so when this one popped up with a bin, I grabbed it for $50 delivered.
attachment.php

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
"Is that just player collector madness on the Trammel or is there some sort to short print that I am not aware of? By the way still looking for the gold electric diamond Puckett for my pc."

I am going with player collector madness. Although the ones from series 2 have always seemed harder to find even back then in 1995. I am not sure if they made less or just not as much of it got opened.

Last edited:

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
What's the print run on the ED Golds and why are they so special? I need some new 90s inserts to track down and maybe I'll keep an eye out for one.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
The 1995 Upper Deck baseball set was issued in two series of 225 cards for a total of 450.

Series I and II Hobby had the Special Edition cards one per pack with one SE Gold per box. Hobby is easier to track down.

Series I and II Retail had the Electric Diamond Silver cards one per pack with one Electric Diamond Gold per box. Retail is harder to track down. And as noted above, Series II Retail is even harder to track down (sales, distribution, who knows). In other words, the key isn't just ED Gold, but ED Gold from Series 2 (card #226-450 ). For example, of the 13 1/2 pages of ED Golds on COMC, only 2 1/2 are from Series II while the other 11 are from Series I.

I believe this is the exact same explanation for why the Series II Retail Predictor Exchange cards are tougher and more valuable.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks kevin he probally will put it to auction also. I bid was turned down got it for 10 more than i bid. Be cool to have both

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Well with 5x eBay bucks I offered again, he accepted my bid:
image-20.jpg

Here is my 1/1
1999UltimateVictoryParallel1of175S1.jpg

My serial number the same as his jersey 21/
1999UltimateVictoryParallel10075021.jpg

The rainbow of reg version:
1999UltimateVictoryRainbow.jpg

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
==

Series I and II Retail had the Electric Diamond Silver cards one per pack with one Electric Diamond Gold per box. Retail is harder to track down. And as noted above, Series II Retail is even harder to track down (sales, distribution, who knows). In other words, the key isn't just ED Gold, but ED Gold from Series 2 (card #226-450 ). For example, of the 13 1/2 pages of ED Golds on COMC, only 2 1/2 are from Series II while the other 11 are from Series I.

I believe this is the exact same explanation for why the Series II Retail Predictor Exchange cards are tougher and more valuable.

it actually has a lot to do with the year itself.... i very specifically recall that all the manufacturers announced that due to the flak from the 1994 strike , their 1995 production was going to be cut back .....though i had them at one time , i no longer have the actual numbers from each company but suffice it so say the cutback was rather drastic (i seem to recall either topps or donruss specifically announced a print run of 50% of the 1994 product) and i'm almost certain that all companies produced even less 2nd series material than 1st series material......i actually bought a ton of baseball in '95 BECAUSE of the announced production cuts...i've always thought that at some point it's RELATIVE scarcity (compared to other junk-wax years) would be realized and appreciated so i've never really been in a hurry to get rid of what i still have....

Last edited:

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Picked both of these up in the same day, from different sellers. Waited on a Red for about 4 years, feels great!

ripkencrusade_zpsb4f2072d.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

I'm pretty sure I'm never going to own this card, after seeing that price. My only hope is stumble across one in a box at a show.

Looks like that craziness doesn't extend to the Series 2 Piazza; one sold recently with a BO of $11. Doesn't look like I'm getting rich off of that one!

Last edited:

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I'm pretty sure I'm never going to own this card, after seeing that price. My only hope is stumble across one in a box at a show.

Looks like that craziness doesn't extend to the Series 2 Piazza; one sold recently with a BO of $11. Doesn't look like I'm getting rich off of that one!

I often wonder how many are forgotten sitting in common boxes.

Members online

Latest posts