Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Huge pickup for my Jay Bell collection! After missing out on the 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor I was pretty bummed but then this popped up yesterday. Been searching for a while!

Goes will with his buddy Steve.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Oh they are fake?

Printing plates were never released with that set. Several years ago a seller was listing tons of printing plates from pacific from sets where no plates were produced. Most assume he was making these himself. The time frame was right for there to be early plates in those sets (but there weren't) and Pacific was out of business and no one would have held a duplicate so those sets made a good target for his forgeries. Is it possible they were back doored or purchased in some sort of asset sale? I suppose but from what most know about the process these aren't difficult to make if you have the materials. I don't trust them anyway lol

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Regardless if that plate is homemade or came from Pacific Inventory somehow , that's just nuts if that was the sale price. $500 for a back questionable plate, man

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Regardless if that plate is homemade or came from Pacific Inventory somehow , that's just nuts if that was the sale price. $500 for a back questionable plate, man

Ryan

Original seller is loaded with fake plates, all products that never would have issued plates (Front Row plates? Really?). If I'm remembering right, he had a fake Jeromy Burnitz plate from 1990 Classic Draft Picks. Yup, apparently Classic, of all people, were the first company to pack-issue plates. Except, of course, the Draft Picks sets didn't come in packs, but scammers don't bother with details.

Last edited:

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
First post back in a LONG time. Been able to pick-up some pretty hard to find Biggio items, so I'm back in the saddle.

Does anyone have an idea where to find these last missing pieces to my collection?

1997 Flair Legacy Row 2 /100
1998 Fleer Tradition '63 Classic /63
1999 Gold Label Red Label /25

1998 Pacific Paramount Inaugural /20
1999 Pacific Aurora Opening Day /31
1999 Pacific Omega Premiere Date /50

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
First post back in a LONG time. Been able to pick-up some pretty hard to find Biggio items, so I'm back in the saddle.

Does anyone have an idea where to find these last missing pieces to my collection?

1997 Flair Legacy Row 2 /100
1998 Fleer Tradition '63 Classic /63

1998 Pacific Paramount Inaugural /20
1999 Pacific Aurora Opening Day /31
1999 Pacific Omega Gold /299
1999 Pacific Omega Premiere Date /50

Welcome back

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Printing plates were never released with that set. Several years ago a seller was listing tons of printing plates from pacific from sets where no plates were produced. Most assume he was making these himself. The time frame was right for there to be early plates in those sets (but there weren't) and Pacific was out of business and no one would have held a duplicate so those sets made a good target for his forgeries. Is it possible they were back doored or purchased in some sort of asset sale? I suppose but from what most know about the process these aren't difficult to make if you have the materials. I don't trust them anyway lol

My dad told me it would be pretty easy to make plates if you worked at a print shop. Hardest part would be cutting them decently into the proper size. I'll leave it up to him to know as he worked at a shop for over 20 years.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013

99GoldLabel_RedClass3_Biggio_25B.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Packs looked good. And, can definitely say now they're not re-sealed. Hitting a blue or SP in every pack and 12 packs in just got a Brilliants Gold Mark Grace (71/99)

Members online

Latest posts