Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
They get no love from me because I believe they are out there in great quantities which makes me suspect they weren't just pack pulled. For example, there are 11 Rusty Greer/Brian Jordans on COMC all owned by the same seller.

If they were released after production I wonder where all the Griffey/Jones are. I would say only 2-3 hit ebay in a year which makes sense given high odds and no serial numbers.

Most people don't know there is a difference and blues are listed as regular.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
They get no love from me because I believe they are out there in great quantities which makes me suspect they weren't just pack pulled. For example, there are 11 Rusty Greer/Brian Jordans on COMC all owned by the same seller.
Owning 11 commons in a tough 25-card insert set is not a big deal. These were inserted in both lo-and-high series......and it is not like 1997 Select was Short Printed.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I went 3 years not seeing one on ebay for Jeter so there not easy finds. If you look there are four 1996 Mirror Blue Jeter's on ebay but there are only 45 made that's almost 10% of the Mirror Blues of Jeter. So the the 1997 Tools of the Trade Mirror Blue can still be considered rare.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1997fleergoudey.jpg

gold foil-stamped parallel
1:800

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
x2 (or x3?) on the Tools of the Trade Mirror Blue being tougher than their price indicates. I'm happy to have a Ripken and I never see them turn up on eBay.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
What's the appeal with these?
Or back story ?

Just hard to find, not sure how he sells a Griffey for $100.00 and is asking $600.00 for the Jeter. I sent him a strong offer before he listed it on ebay I felt but he said he was going to list it higher than my offer. I sent an offer and he sent a counter and I replied with my offer being the max and I was willing to go through paypal so he can avoid ebay fees. I guess I will find out in the next 2 days if I will own it or not, I will post my offer price after if I get the item if he accepts the offer.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I just bought the Jeter 1997 Topps Marble for $300.00 three times as much as I paid for the Griffey which was crazy I am surprised Griffey went for so low. But this will end up putting me to only 29 more left from 1997 Jeter after I pick up the other 2 I bought.

Members online