Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Everybody pick up their 96 pinnacle playing cards? Been chasing that one for 20 years.
Yep!! In fact afterwards I was trying to read up on those a little more and I use your site as a reference sometimes in looking at cards from sets that include both McGwire and Puckett. I noticed that you had a contributed photo and I thought, "I bet I know somebody who's happy tonight..."

I was a little surprised that the Griffey's lasted as long as they did. Perhaps they are not as rare as I thought, but obviously your note about looking for 20 years is evidence they are not easy to come by. Since I got back into the hobby two years ago I just know that this was my first opportunity to get a Puckett.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Yep!! In fact afterwards I was trying to read up on those a little more and I use your site as a reference sometimes in looking at cards from sets that include both McGwire and Puckett. I noticed that you had a contributed photo and I thought, "I bet I know somebody who's happy tonight..."

I was a little surprised that the Griffey's lasted as long as they did. Perhaps they are not as rare as I thought, but obviously your note about looking for 20 years is evidence they are not easy to come by. Since I got back into the hobby two years ago I just know that this was my first opportunity to get a Puckett.
I was curious myself. Considering this seller has 10 of each card. I guess he could have hoarded them. Who knows.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
If memory serves me correctly, for the fanfest in '96, they had a guy that built a house of cards using these special decks at the show. They did it again in '97. I don't think these were given away which means someone had to grab some from the event itself or backdoor them. I've heard rumors most were destroyed. I don't remember how many decks they printed for the event.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Amen to that!

Latest posts