Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Didn't even know there were blues in 1998. Beckett only shows a gold Totally Certified and red certified for Larkin in 1998. Are there other ones out there?

No idea. With the pinnacle bankruptcy and fleer going under who knows how many true versions exist. This is the only blue I've ever seen.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Just got this in a few days ago. Thanks Clarkfan!!

96FPP_1.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I couldn't pass this up for only $5 dlvd...not a steal, but just something you don't see too often.
1994 Upper Deck All-Star Jumbos Gold:
fives11.jpg

Rocketman12

Jun 25, 2011
I looked thru my doubles, didnt have any. So is this a legit card I should be looking for?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I have noticed these before, and I believe the Series One (1-265) cards with the diamond-shaped holograms to be from factory sets. All of the Series Two cards that I have seen have the diamond holograms. So, I think UD printed the Series One cards for packs with the home plate holograms first, then the Series Two cards for packs with the diamond holograms, then finally the factory set cards with the diamond holograms. Does anyone have a factory set that they could open and confirm this? Or does anyone even have a 1998 Collector's Choice #202 Kerry Wood? The Kerry Wood cards were only issued in factory sets, so if this theory is correct, they should all have the diamond holograms.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I have noticed these before, and I believe the Series One (1-265) cards with the diamond-shaped holograms to be from factory sets. All of the Series Two cards that I have seen have the diamond holograms. So, I think UD printed the Series One cards for packs with the home plate holograms first, then the Series Two cards for packs with the diamond holograms, then finally the factory set cards with the diamond holograms. Does anyone have a factory set that they could open and confirm this? Or does anyone even have a 1998 Collector's Choice #202 Kerry Wood? The Kerry Wood cards were only issued in factory sets, so if this theory is correct, they should all have the diamond holograms.

:rolleyes: I see your Gwynn / Thomas diamond holo on COMC for $4... very sneaky, Rocketman... I think it's more than a theory!

Rocketman12

Jun 25, 2011
:rolleyes: I see your Gwynn / Thomas diamond holo on COMC for $4... very sneaky, Rocketman... I think it's more than a theory!

I did go check COMC when I saw them mentioned and picked up a few. If that's sneaky, then I am guilty as charged. However, I think we've all seen many times that when something gets mentioned in this thread as being rare, higher prices follow shortly thereafter. Though, if the theory is correct, these are probably not as rare as they seem, as I imagine there is a significant number of unopened factory sets sitting around.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
98 Collectors Choice...note the UD logo in the bottom right.

1998CollectorsChoiceUDLogo.jpg

Are they both card #35 Fandruw? It could be from the 1998 uncataloged but definitely existing Wal Mart packaged team sets. They have a diamond hologram (not the baseball diamond holo). Andruw is card #3 in that set. They are similar to the Choice Team sets they made in 1997, just a lot harder to find.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Not for sale, but this is the other one with a diamond holo rather than baseball diamond holo I mentioned a post or two ago:

Scan0011.jpg

Members online

Latest posts