Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I am aware that earlier boxes of Finest, Bowman's Best had cards of different players featured on the sealed box. Literally as a box topper.

I would love to track down boxes with Paul O'Neill to display, either sealed or open. The 1993 Finest Box is my priority if someone has empty boxes laying around.

Which other years and sets did this? The ones I am aware of so far....
1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Finest
1996 Bowman's Best

Any others like this?

(Not mine, from Google)
image-0.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This seller has the most complete OVERPRICED run of 1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials I've ever seen:

Fixed it for ya :rolleyes:
Of course- the change is my "personal opinion" of their prices

I'll pass= not my cup of tea just to "own" one to overpay on one
Think I paid less than $40 for mine . I see the same card up there for $299
They want to buy mine for $200 I'd sell it in a heartbeat
I'll eventually get down to my 1999 E-X series scans, but 7 years ago scanned this one
Not sure I ever picked up the NOW version, think set collectors always overpay for it and I never wanted to go over a few hundred

full.jpg🤔

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

1998 Barry Bonds Leaf Rookies & Star Longevity 1/1

Numbered 01/50 with an additional aftermarket 1/1 stamp. I've never seen that before.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

1998 Barry Bonds Leaf Rookies & Star Longevity 1/1

Numbered 01/50 with an additional aftermarket 1/1 stamp. I've never seen that before.

Also it doesn't seem to be holofoil like the 01/50 should be. Football, but the same set:

charliejones98longevity.jpg
charliejones98longevityb.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
i remember seeing another post of a non holo 01/
not sure when/where
also with that extra 1/1 stamping would that even pass the
Authenticity Guarantee clause?

There are a few possibilities as to what the Bonds could be...

- The company messed up and made some of the 01/50's with regular foil instead of holofoil. Then somebody along the line that owned that Bonds and knew the 01/50 cards are 1/1's decided they would help others to see that this one is a 1/1 by stamping it on there.

- This was an unnumbered backdoor/replacement card and has a fraudulent 01/50 stamp.

- The company messed up and stamped two or more cards as 01/50, but still only one of those has the holofoil treatment. Then some bozo stamped 1/1 on this one.

I'd argue at best it's an error card and is not a true 1/1. The thing that made the 01/50's a 1/1 card is that they were the only cards to have holofoil. Without holofoil it's just a /50 card because it's the exact same as 02/50, 03/50, etc.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Fixed it for ya :rolleyes:
Of course- the change is my "personal opinion" of their prices

I'll pass= not my cup of tea just to "own" one to overpay on one
Think I paid less than $40 for mine . I see the same card up there for $299
They want to buy mine for $200 I'd sell it in a heartbeat
I'll eventually get down to my 1999 E-X series scans, but 7 years ago scanned this one
Not sure I ever picked up the NOW version, think set collectors always overpay for it and I never wanted to go over a few hundred

View attachment 339536🤔
Have to agree, the prices being paid for these are just silly IMHO

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Four patently obvious issues on that Longevity ,and I bet if I had it in hand and could feel the weight of the item and its texture there would be 5 or 6. I bet @heavy_hitter knows exactly what I'm talking about on the fake signs

@Dilferules - I do like the fact you used an available example to show a proper surface- good job . Personally I couldn't care less that its a different sport shown - it shows exactly what the whole point was of the post- the holofoil is wrong.

If it sparks that "authentic or not" question folks- listen to your gut feelings
I know I certainly wouldn't pay $850 for it

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Reading back on some past posts , I think someone mentioned they were looking for a Ryan Kelsko 1997 Score Premier Club
Haven't seen one lately, but I did see a Chipper Jones and quite a few others. I'll see if any of my sources has a Klesko
These recently went to PSA and I had to scan for insurance / declared value reasons

Figured I'd post in the 90's thread since I had to do the work anyways

full.jpg
full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts