Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old beckett price guides - worth anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
So I have some old becketts (mostly basketball - first one with shaq, etc), but some baseball too from the early 90's. All are in very nice condition because I put them in a sleeve once that month was over I and I got the next one. Is it worth trying to sell these at all? Any sort of market?
pete

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
there is a market for the very first Beckett issues of each of the four major sports (Baseball, Hockey, Football, Basketball) and sometimes the 2nd and 3rd issues have some collector value. Other than that there was a Beckett Football with the infamous Bo photo on the cover that sells decent.

Other than that your best bet would be to list the date of issue with player is on the cover and list them here on FCB at $5-$15 per issue, depending on the player of course and you might be able to get rid of a few of them to player collectors that way.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Its completely worth it to keep one or two a year for historical perspective you may have forgotten. "These cards were being sold for what???!" or "People were eagerly anticipating what??!"

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
hofmichael said:
Is the one with Shaq the front and back cover.If so I would love to get my hands on a copy of that.

THanks for the responses so far, guys. I can check, but I believe that is the exact shaq one I have. I also have the 2nd basketball one ever I think - David Robinson is on the cover (I have more at my ma's...the older ones here are issues in the 30's to 50's). I do have the bo jackson football/baseball one here. Perhaps I will put together a list for the BST board.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Had a friend I got a slew from(including that elusive Josh Beckett regional cover) and he was hanging onto them with the intent of getting them signed. You can always go that route. As another poster stated, they are also kinda neat to keep to have a historical perspective on certain trends.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
The Baseball issues from 1984 to early 1986 are all difficult to find. They might actually be a bit undervalued in today's world.

As ponted out, there are several reginal issues, some of which were serial numbered, Those can also have value, a good example is the 2001 Baseball Issue distributed at Fan Fest which had Ichiro on the cover. That was incredibly hot at the time.

Otherwise, just based on early number and who is on the ocver,...

Rich

Gwen

Jan 15, 2021
there is a market for the very first Beckett issues of each of the four major sports (Baseball, Hockey, Football, Basketball) and sometimes the 2nd and 3rd issues have some collector value. Other than that there was a Beckett Football with the infamous Bo photo on the cover that sells decent.

Other than that your best bet would be to list the date of issue with player is on the cover and list them here on FCB at $5-$15 per issue, depending on the player of course and you might be able to get rid of a few of them to player collectors that way.
It worth anything?

Attachments

• 16107184987395453871718833531472.jpg
    16107184987395453871718833531472.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
The 1st 20 baseball issues were printed in somewhat limited quantities. You don't see a lot of them in the secondary market. The other sports are a mixed bag -- the 1st Football is always popular; Basketball with Jordan and a few others on the covers, Hockey #1 and a couple of others, etc.

But the most of them issued in the overproduction area are easily findable and cheap when you do.

Members online