Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opening Bowman Jumbo, Minding my own busness, and then this... Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Well that was pretty disappointing. With close to 600 views and over 80 watchers, my contract only went for $410. That's $80+ cheaper than the first one sold for. Oh well, glad I hit it though. Without it I would have gotten killed on my breaks. Atleast now I'm in the black.

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
Well that was pretty disappointing. With close to 600 views and over 80 watchers, my contract only went for $410. That's $80+ cheaper than the first one sold for. Oh well, glad I hit it though. Without it I would have gotten killed on my breaks. Atleast now I'm in the black.

In all honesty, you would have been much better off waiting and doing a 5 day+ auction. One day isn't enough time to get the proper exposure.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
In all honesty, you would have been much better off waiting and doing a 5 day+ auction. One day isn't enough time to get the proper exposure.
I ran it for 3 days. The first one was sold on a 1 day auction and sold for $490+. If 600 views and 80+ watchers isn't enough exposure then I must be doing something wrong.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I ran it for 3 days. The first one was sold on a 1 day auction and sold for $490+. If 600 views and 80+ watchers isn't enough exposure then I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah but many of those watchers were probably people from here just curious what it sells for. I was one. 7 day auction definitely wouldn't have hurt.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I would guess that trumps being picked as a Bowman Scout? :p

Nah. I get to be pictured on an autographed card, plus I get to make suggestions for future checklists to the Bowman team. Neener. ;)

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Yeah but many of those watchers were probably people from here just curious what it sells for. I was one. 7 day auction definitely wouldn't have hurt.

I don't think it would have helped, though. Anything from 2013 Bowman is getting PLENTY of exposure, especially higher priced items. I'm not at all surprised by the end price, Topps hurt the value by decreasing your odds and decreasing the prize. All you were guaranteed was a ball autographed by an unnamed prospect

Members online

Latest posts