Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Original Art Appreciation Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I figured I would start up the first thread in this forum with one of my favorite aspects of comic collecting, original art.

Invincible 78 Page 17 1.jpeg

Just a classic styled page from the best comic on the market today, Invincible. If you haven't read Invincible, you are easily missing out on the best Super-Hero book out today.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Awesome piece. I looked into picking up an Invincible original a while back, but there wasn't much out there and the stuff that was there was listed for $700 and was of pages with limited action or without Invincible pictured.

I'm currently caught up with the last Ultimate collection volume. Trying to decide if I want to just wait and get a new Ultimate every year or move on to the TP's.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have a few grail pages coming in soon and both of them cost 350 combined and shipped for me. One is the beginning of the fight from issue 12 and one is when Oliver destroys the Mauler in issue 52 Splash page.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
You own WD art? Crazy!

I own a few pages. Pics later.
(Posting to remember to post.)

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Here's a few:

Bettie & Veronica was a gift from 5finity when i donated to their charity:

page68.jpg

Bought from the inker at DragonCon because i love Batman villains:

1-page007.jpg

Bishop by Georges Jeanty:

DRAGONcon05050b.jpg

The new-school way of doing things ...
This is a digital pencils, with real inks.
Does it count as Original Art?

1-burn03.jpg

OH ... and digital colors added:

02-BN.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great stuff guys!

Now don't laugh, and it's not mine, but a buddy has the front splash page from Star Trek/X-Men and it looks fantastic!

He has also a pretty good amount of Original "Peanuts" strips, VERY hard to get now.

I'll try and get pics up...