Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies in "Serious Talks" to Get Jose Bautista For Dom Brown + More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
LATEST NEWS

Howard Eskin of FOX 29 TV in Philadelphia reports that the Phillies are "deep in serious talks" to acquire Jose Bautista from the Blue Jays in exchange for Domonic Brown and others.
Eskin isn't known for breaking news of this magnitude, so we'll reserve judgment regarding its validity until others report on it. It would be a head-scratching move by the Phillies, as while Bautista is a better bet to produce than Brown over the next couple years, Brown is coming off a breakout season and is under team control through 2017. Bautista is owed $14 million each of the next two seasons and has a $14 million club option for 2016. Nov 12 - 11:06 PM

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Indeed, a head scratching move.Phillies must think Brown was a fluke.Or Amaro wants a RH bat to offset all
the LH hitters.I dunno.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Seems like paying for a hitter on his way down. 33 years old, missed a ton of games the last 2 years and took big hits on all his stats from the 2010-2011 peak. Desperation move from Amaro.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I always thought the Phillies should try and get older as a team...

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Howard eskin is to Philadelphia what skip bayless is to the rest of the country...

A joke

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Exactly. Todd Zolecki debunked this ridiculous rumor this morning and basically said that Howard Eskin has no track record of ever breaking news like this so there is no reason to believe he is suddenly in the "know" now.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
My bad. It was more about being a cowboys fan.

He's lost a ton of support in Philly due to the sheer stupidity of flaunting the Cowboys fandom in the face of his Philly Fans...who clearly would hate the Cowboys. It's just a stupid PR move on his part. That being said, I don't want him being traded just because he doesn't like the Eagles which way too many fans would be fine with for that stupid reason.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Eskin, for all his annoying habits, is actually a pretty connected journalist who is usually pretty "on" with his sources.

And although I wouldn't do it if I was the GM, RA2 must think that Batista and JPA would put up such big stats in the "Bank" that it would be worth it. I wouldn't take on "Bats" contract, but I think RA2 is making one last push to win with the "old crew" veterans and then if it doesn't work by July, dump everything he can get rid of it, no matter the Price he eats.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Eskin, for all his annoying habits, is actually a pretty connected journalist who is usually pretty "on" with his sources.

And although I wouldn't do it if I was the GM, RA2 must think that Batista and JPA would put up such big stats in the "Bank" that it would be worth it. I wouldn't take on "Bats" contract, but I think RA2 is making one last push to win with the "old crew" veterans and then if it doesn't work by July, dump everything he can get rid of it, no matter the Price he eats.

This is an awful idea.

Brown is a bright young player that we could expect/hope to be one of the Phillies main guys in a year or two once the old vets they keep signing slowly deteriorate. Getting older is NOT what the Phillies need to do.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This is an awful idea.

Brown is a bright young player that we could expect/hope to be one of the Phillies main guys in a year or two once the old vets they keep signing slowly deteriorate. Getting older is NOT what the Phillies need to do.

Good thing the Phillies didn't sign Byrd then.Oh wait...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
This is an awful idea.

I don't agree with the move at all. Unless ALOT more is added to the Phils take and no more top prospects are added to Brown. I'm just theorizing what RA2 might be thinking. I will say however, that the Phils are worried that Brown's upside is not as high as orginally thought.

And I found it SO bad that more Philly-area fans were more upset by Brown showing his Dallas colors than at Riley Cooper for what he did...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah. When I saw that I was pretty surprised. An old team getting older. This is what ruined the Yankees recently.

I hope they keep making dumb moves so my team doesn't have to compete against them.It was rather enjoyable seeing the Yankees as nothing more than an average team.

Members online