Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pissed off Yankees GM tells ESPN, Arod "should just shut the f*ck up."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Rumors are flying around that AROD wants to play some rehab games so be can collect his contract and then retire.

On the otherside, it's being said that the Yankees are preventing him from returning so they can collect the insurance money on his contract.

Lets see how this plays out.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think some here are trying to defend the Yankees GM by suggesting Arod had it coming. Well, there is no denying that he very well may have. Hell, there may be more behind the scenes that we do not even know stoking the fire here, but the clear fact remains that how a general manager of a professional baseball club acts publicly reflects upon the entire organization and needs to be a professional manner at all times. There is also no denying the fact that his public outburst towards Arod was in poor taste. Mind you, I am not saying he does not have the right to feel that way, or to even say it to Arod, but as a GM you are the face of a organization on the corporate side and his public display of anger and frustration was beneath him and the Yankees.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I think some here are trying to defend the Yankees GM by suggesting Arod had it coming. Well, there is no denying that he very well may have. Hell, there may be more behind the scenes that we do not even know stoking the fire here, but the clear fact remains that how a general manager of a professional baseball club acts publicly reflects upon the entire organization and needs to be a professional manner at all times. There is also no denying the fact that his public outburst towards Arod was in poor taste. Mind you, I am not saying he does not have the right to feel that way, or to even say it to Arod, but as a GM you are the face of a organization on the corporate side and his public display of anger and frustration was beneath him and the Yankees.

I agree with this comment and second it, simply put...keep it professional!

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, let me know!

Members online