Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pitching today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just looking at the schedule rundown today and I was struck by how many of the pitchers were either unknowns or pretty miserable.

When the names of most teams #3 pitchers are that lousy, it doesn’t bode well for Pitchers success overall.

I saw four quality names in a full slate of games. Urias, Manena, Paddack and Singer, with even the last two being questionable.

Ugh.

Sorry if I sound like old man complaining about “kids these days” but I was pretty startled by the lack of quality names already, especially so early in the season before injuries take their toll.

Rant over...LOL

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
MLB has had a nice, new influx of position players/power hitters like Fernando Tatis Jr. over the past few years but I agree that they need more quality, young starting pitchers.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Civale for Cleveland is a decent prospect/rookie, he gutted out a nice win.
Overall I don't disagree, lots of teams would rather go with an unproven player rather than paying millions for a veteran that will give similar production

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
You missed Shohei Ohtani. Throwing a one-hitter and crushed a home run so far today.
I didn’t miss him I just remembered how dreadful he was last year in his 2-3 starts. Especially with control.

Eflin and Widener pitched well today too.

But does anybody trust them yet?

Doubtful...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
And MLB ERA is down almost half a run from where it was the last two years. Seems the pitching itself is decent enough, but they are not that well known.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think a huge consideration is the continuing evolution of batting strategy, with strikeouts continuing to climb as guys just swing away like it's the only way to do it I think it makes sense we might see more no hitters and more pitchers having better numbers

Members online

Latest posts