Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors in need of 1995 UD SE/ED Golds in here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
$56.50 for the ryan.

Maybe someday if I complete the other 28 years first

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
predatorkj said:
ajw said:
Philip J. Fry said:
Notable Rookie Cards include Tony Batista.

Really?

That's beckett for you.

I hope he didn't think I was just being lazy.Half the time when I click on a certain card in their database, it won't give me a lick of info.At least it used to be that way.It would say "Nothing has been written about this topic yet" or something along those lines.So now...I don't really check too much.I will if I am desperate but it takes so long for my computer to load any of the beckett pages its a real pain.

In any case...thanks for the info Phillip j. Fry!

No not at all...when I wrote "Funny, huh?" I was saying that it's funny they would describe the gold parallel but not list the players as you said they did :)

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
1st4040 said:
so who else has managed to pick up their guy?

I did. I also bought another card that rarely shows up on eBay, but recently sold twice at the same price as Burbank's listing. I submitted some receipts for reimbursement at work, so I decided to spend what was essentially free money.

aprimo

Jan 23, 2009
Got mine, thanks! I don't recall having seen one of those before. It was only about $9. Now I'm down to only four cards needed for 1995. Why in the world is it so hard to find the 1995 Ultra On-Base Leaders Gold Medallion and the Sportflix Artist's Proof?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
aprimo said:
Got mine, thanks! I don't recall having seen one of those before. It was only about $9. Now I'm down to only four cards needed for 1995. Why in the world is it so hard to find the 1995 Ultra On-Base Leaders Gold Medallion and the Sportflix Artist's Proof?

Glad I'm not the only one, thought the one I'm missing is from 1996.

Edit: Nevermind, they're both on Beckett Marketplace and both from Burbank. Go figure.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I got mine in from Burbank, along with a few others I overpaid for.

Gold.jpg

I really need to figure out a better way to display these foil cards, as they just don't scan well. I'm considering taking photographs and resizing/cropping to match the others on my site. Does anyone else have a suggestion to make these foil cards scan better?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
No Yount for me. I don't know if was up and someone snagged it, but oh well. I'm mired in trying to catch the 1999 Yount/Brett/Ryan/Cepeda Ultimate quad GU right now anyway; I've bearly shifted to 1995.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
ajw said:
I really need to figure out a better way to display these foil cards, as they just don't scan well. I'm considering taking photographs and resizing/cropping to match the others on my site. Does anyone else have a suggestion to make these foil cards scan better?

If you have a scanner with a CCD element, try putting the card in a very clean one touch and scanning it. Sometimes, that little bit of lift allows light to play off of the foil enough to get a decent scan.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
BunchOBull said:
If you have a scanner with a CCD element, try putting the card in a very clean one touch and scanning it. Sometimes, that little bit of lift allows light to play off of the foil enough to get a decent scan.

Huh. I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Members online