Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PLAYER DRAFT: 2010 Topps Chrome BREAK: SHIPPED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfnats

Aug 20, 2010
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD: 2010 TC case walter55 IS UP!

Still looking for a trading or selling partner with a slot in the 25-40 range. I have six spots starting around 76 to trade, or would consider paypal. PM me and let me know.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Does anyone know walter55? He hasn't been on since Friday and with the draft running tonight, we'll be hung up until he has to be auto-picked.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL

I can't wait until tonight when the proxy bids kick in, this process has been way too long to have only gotten 20 picks. I understand not everyone can be here at the same time, but also, if you know you signed up for it, you might want to check it out every so often to make sure you aren't holding up the entire deal. 24-48 Hours between picks is ridiculous. When do we officially take someone off the clock and move on?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota

Joshua.Roundtree said:
I can't wait until tonight when the proxy bids kick in, this process has been way too long to have only gotten 20 picks. I understand not everyone can be here at the same time, but also, if you know you signed up for it, you might want to check it out every so often to make sure you aren't holding up the entire deal. 24-48 Hours between picks is ridiculous. When do we officially take someone off the clock and move on?

Agreed. I don't think it would be too hard to just click the mouse a few times and check maybe once or twice a day.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010

200lbhockeyplayer said:
200lbhockeyplayer trades the 93rd pick to padremurph for picks #159 & #174.

Confirmed

abt3509

May 4, 2010

I have submitted my draft list via PM. Probably won't be able to make it for the draft tonight.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008

Is the draft through the chat or the message board

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

we are going to do the draft here on the forum b/c it will easier for me to edit the thread and see everything...

i know it is a pain to wait so long for a pick but that's b/c it's not officially draft day....we are lucky we actually got 20 picks out of the way b/c there is no time limit.

tonight, as previously stated, you have about one minute to make a pick starting @ 8:30 PM EST before I pick for you. many people have sent me lists just in case they can't make it - i would suggest if you haven't, you do so.

ALSO - I'm thinking about doing this for the next break - let me know what you guys think...

I'm thinking if you are not present for the draft day - which will be announced a couple days ahead of time - as always - and you have not submitted a list to me, you will be bumped down to the bottom of the draft order to be fair to everyone that is @ the draft/has submitted a list.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008

markakis8 said:
we are going to do the draft here on the forum b/c it will easier for me to edit the thread and see everything...

i know it is a pain to wait so long for a pick but that's b/c it's not officially draft day....we are lucky we actually got 20 picks out of the way b/c there is no time limit.

tonight, as previously stated, you have about one minute to make a pick starting @ 8:30 PM EST before I pick for you. many people have sent me lists just in case they can't make it - i would suggest if you haven't, you do so.

ALSO - I'm thinking about doing this for the next break - let me know what you guys think...

I'm thinking if you are not present for the draft day - which will be announced a couple days ahead of time - as always - and you have not submitted a list to me, you will be bumped down to the bottom of the draft order to be fair to everyone that is @ the draft/has submitted a list.

While I can understand this concept, and I could see people*not on the clock* would push for this...but on the other hand, as the person being bumped, I would ask for my money back. True that it doesnt take much to submit a list, it is also only one minute for an auto draft from you. If I had a top 25 pick and I was not at the draft and I got bumped to the bottom, how would that justify the money that I spent to get any of my picks?

I think is crap to wait all day for somebody to not show up online to make a pick before draft day, but even on draft day it is their money that is being toyed with, and that alone could cause a massive headache. My suggestion to this idea would be that instead of a bump to the bottom, make it required to submit a list before draft order is determined. IF they cannot do that, then simply use the checklist from card #1 to the end as a default list. Its a factor that can remain as a constant for all people involved, and also is fully understood of how a pick will be made (instead of making you find the "next best pick" for them).

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

markakis8 said:

Great idea because people knowing go in they need to have a draft

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

In the case of walter55...he hasn't been online since Friday, and therefore has no idea when he would be picking and no idea of the rules. He's a Tigers fan judging by his signature, and instead of bumping him, I think giving him the perceived best player and/or best Tiger available when he picks would be the most equitable for all parties involved.

Had he been here to pick at #19, we probably would be through at least 30 more picks.

Considering the time-frame of his last visit, I think picking the best available (or best Tiger) right now is the most logical for everyone involved.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

200lbhockeyplayer said:
In the case of walter55...he hasn't been online since Friday, and therefore has no idea when he would be picking and no idea of the rules. He's a Tigers fan judging by his signature, and instead of bumping him, I think giving him the perceived best player and/or best Tiger available when he picks would be the most equitable for all parties involved.

Had he been here to pick at #19, we probably would be through at least 30 more picks.

Considering the time-frame of his last visit, I think picking the best available (or best Tiger) right now is the most logical for everyone involved.

There will be no bumping this draft as it was not stated when the sign ups were posted

I was talking about future breaks, establishing that as a rule...I will be picking a Tiger for walter if he doesnt pick someone by 830.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD: 2010 TC case dizzyduff13 IS UP!

Ok, I made a pick for walter b/c he hasn't been on since Friday and most likely won't be on now. I talked it over with a mod. We picked a Tiger that has multiple cards

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD: 2010 TC case dizzyduff13 IS UP!

according to his list, dizzyduff picks Chipper Jones

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD: 2010 TC case voteEjordan IS UP!

Personally, I don't like the "bump to bottom" proposal. Just doesn't sound fair to me.

For instance, I've been in bed sick all day and just got called out for some work at 7:45 and will probably miss at least some of the draft (PM sent Carl BTW with my list) and would hate to be "punished" due to something beyond my control. Now if they don't submit a list, I see no problem with a mod or Carl making their picks using what they do know of their likes.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Re: OFFICIAL DRAFT THREAD: 2010 TC case voteEjordan IS UP!

gt2590 said:
Personally, I don't like the "bump to bottom" proposal. Just doesn't sound fair to me.

For instance, I've been in bed sick all day and just got called out for some work at 7:45 and will probably miss at least some of the draft (PM sent Carl BTW with my list) and would hate to be "punished" due to something beyond my control. Now if they don't submit a list, I see no problem with a mod or Carl making their picks using what they do know of their likes.

Was just an idea, doesn't seem to be favored so, for the next break we'll just keep it the same way it is now.

votejordan takes Mejia based off his PM list.

Members online

Latest posts