Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PRETTY COOL - NEW US MINTED BASEBALL COIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here are some pictures to show the unique curved shape of the coin.
baseballCoinSprite.png

2014-Baseball-Hall-of-Fame-four-views-1-lg.jpg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Price is still TBD apparently. Current gold pricing puts it at about $50 worth of gold in the $5 coin. And there's a $35 surcharge. $100-200 each?

A_Pharis

Hopefully they will mint enough for everyone to get a shot or limit quantities. I want to pick up an entire set to put away for my son, and I'd hate to compete with people buying them up like nuts to resale at inflated prices.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Price is still TBD apparently. Current gold pricing puts it at about $50 worth of gold in the $5 coin. And there's a $35 surcharge. $100-200 each?

The gold coin is one-quarter of an ounce - 90% gold - the gold content is currently about $300. The current price for a $5 Eagle coin (with out the $35 surcharge) is 410 - I expect the gold coin will be more than $400.

The Silver Dollar will be in the $50 range - I'm not sure about the half dollar - substantially less as the metal content is not that valuable.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
The gold coin is one-quarter of an ounce - 90% gold - the gold content is currently about $300. The current price for a $5 Eagle coin (with out the $35 surcharge) is 410 - I expect the gold coin will be more than $400.

The Silver Dollar will be in the $50 range - I'm not sure about the half dollar - substantially less as the metal content is not that valuable.

Doh, math error on my part, you're right.
Definitely worth considering. The value on these types of coins should only increase.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I bought the Jackie Robinson legacy set in the late 90s - gold coin and topps chrome card. I've done better on that than most cards I bought then. It's fun to take it out and look at it, but I don't display it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Price is still TBD apparently.

Pretty smart on the US Mint's part to hold off on pricing. Gold has been surging the last few weeks - if the mint obtained the gold for minting production when it was slumped around $1200 and is going to price it assuming gold $1380 like today, it just adds to how much more the mint can increase their margins on this particular run of gold coins.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Order form and brochure came in the mail today -

Silver Dollar is 47.95 Uncirculated, 51.95 Proof
Clad Half is 18.95 Uncirculated, 19.95 Proof

Prices go up after April 28. Gold Prices not listed.

Members online

Latest posts