Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Probstein & bbcardsniper AKA Brad Ziegler EXPOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
This makes me nervous because I put in a bid for a probstein auction 2 days ago and am still the high bidder.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is why I snipe as I have a set price on all cards I want if I have it I will do a max snipe. I have less than 500 cards I want left and I will never get them all so if I lose on my snipe bid than I lose. If I have a card I am not willing to let go but for a certain price it will never go on auction so if you want it the only way to get it is pay what I am asking or trade. Everything that goes on auction I don't care about so if I get $1.00 or $500.00 I am happy with it. I have sold some cards I felt were worth a lot more and sold others I didn't think were worth as much as they sold for so it evens out.

Your rationale is of a very responsible collector. Others (definitely myself included) sometimes cave in to the temptation of seeing a really rare PC item and going after it even when the price exceeds the budget that I was initially willing to spend. My PC has been mid-high end HOF patches and a lot of the time those auctions come down to 1-2 people at the end in a bidding war. If you're in a bidding war against the seller...yes at the end of the day you should never spend more than you're willing to you're right...but it still leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. It's just dishonest, there's no two ways about that (not to mention against eBay policy).

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
This makes me nervous because I put in a bid for a probstein auction 2 days ago and am still the high bidder.

When I bid on items from probstein, I put an initial bid on it so it stays in my sight and then I put a snipe on using Gixen.. If I win it with how much I am willing to pay, then great.. If not, oh well, i'll get it in the future at the price I am willing to pey..

You know what you are willing to pay, so use a snipe program.. Now if the item is shilled past the amount you set on your snipe, if it gets relisted, just set your snipe again..

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
When I bid on items from probstein, I put an initial bid on it so it stays in my sight and then I put a snipe on using Gixen.. If I win it with how much I am willing to pay, then great.. If not, oh well, i'll get it in the future at the price I am willing to pey..

You know what you are willing to pay, so use a snipe program.. Now if the item is shilled past the amount you set on your snipe, if it gets relisted, just set your snipe again..

I'm not saying you're not right that obviously makes sense but when you're dealing with the kind of cards Ziegler typically goes for - some of the same ones I've tried to land - you only see some of them once every year or couple years so that's typically deterred me from using a snipe program. I think that was part of the reason this shilling scheme makes more sense than just any old shilling because at least some of the people that go for those cards don't take market value or resale value into account when bidding.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

With any consigner there is always a possibility the owner is shilling their items. I've sold stuff with Probstein and definitely never shilled my items.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I'm not saying you're not right that obviously makes sense but when you're dealing with the kind of cards Ziegler typically goes for - some of the same ones I've tried to land - you only see some of them once every year or couple years so that's typically deterred me from using a snipe program. I think that was part of the reason this shilling scheme makes more sense than just any old shilling because at least some of the people that go for those cards don't take market value or resale value into account when bidding.

You are spot on. Alot of high end cards I don't have a set price I will pay. I watch the bidding and competition and bid accordingly. So when there is shilling it really screws you and really bothers me. It's not as cut and dry as just putting a snipe in

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
With any consigner there is always a possibility the owner is shilling their items. I've sold stuff with Probstein and definitely never shilled my items.

I believe everyone has to decide what they're willing to take in to consideration when picking who they work with.

The fact is reputations matter and there can only be so many of these particular threads out there...

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
I can understand why a guy like Ziegler would use a consigner, since he is most likely in a position to do so.

But on the other hand if he WERE in a position to do so, why wouldn't he also add a reserve?

Just seems crazy that if he was truly worried about the cards not selling at reasonable prices he would go for a reserve rather than shilling and ruining his reputation.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I can understand why a guy like Ziegler would use a consigner, since he is most likely in a position to do so.

But on the other hand if he WERE in a position to do so, why wouldn't he also add a reserve?

Just seems crazy that if he was truly worried about the cards not selling at reasonable prices he would go for a reserve rather than shilling and ruining his reputation.

Reserves turn a lot of buyers off. I honestly have found that .99 starting price with NO RESERVE attracts more buyers. It's a psychological thing for the buyers.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Reserves turn a lot of buyers off. I honestly have found that .99 starting price with NO RESERVE attracts more buyers. It's a psychological thing for the buyers.

I completely agree. I but high end cards alot. I feel most confident and will bid the most money on a open auction with no reserve and where I don't think any shilling is taking place. I will always bid more that way then in best offer situation

Members online

Latest posts