Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Project 2020 Jeter card #59 is shipping..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I received an email that my Jeter's are shipping and should be here Friday..

I looked on EBAY and they are already selling for over $500..

The print run was extremely low.. 6511..

jeter.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is 2/3 of an old school Elite. Hardly limited in todays market, but that is crazy. How much are they new when live issued, like $20?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I do like that design though, I am assuming the same artist is the one doing similar designs for some of the others, maybe all eventually.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'd sell all but one and then pick up a few in a year or so when the market gets flooded with them selling cheap...or close to original price of $20.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I regret not getting that one. All along I planned to collect all the Trouts but wanted to get the full run on several artists. When it's done, Grotesk's set will probably be the most coherent-looking, closest to a regular card set. I've been going back and forth on the artists I want, and if I had it to do over again I would've gotten all the Grotesks. I got the Gibson, so I am not complaining, but I skipped the rest, didn't want to spend so much and cut down the artists I am collecting. Looking back, of course, it wouldn't have mattered because selling any one of the first 50 or so cards would have paid for all the ones I skipped.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Is it just me or would this concept be cooler if they included more players?? I've seen several designs of the same player, that to me is lamer than some of the designs.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I have the first two George Bretts in hand, and the fourth (by Grotesk) on the way. I was planning on getting the whole run of Bretts but I missed the Tyson Beck, and I'm not getting it now. These have all gone absolutely nuts; two weeks ago, the 1st Brett (Gregory Siff) was going for around $200, now close to $1000. I like Brett and all but it would be irresponsible not to cash out at those prices!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't understand how these cards sell so well only weeks after being offered to anyone who wants one for $20. I get that it is a very limited time frame of availability. I guess if you are not aware, then you have to buy buy secondary. By this time though, people are still unaware and buying at 10x-50x the issue price? I wish I had money to burn like that!

DEADHEAD

Apr 29, 2013
yeah, funny saying 6500 is a low print run, maybe 100 or at most 500 , they can keep them !!!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I have the first two George Bretts in hand, and the fourth (by Grotesk) on the way. I was planning on getting the whole run of Bretts but I missed the Tyson Beck, and I'm not getting it now. These have all gone absolutely nuts; two weeks ago, the 1st Brett (Gregory Siff) was going for around $200, now close to $1000. I like Brett and all but it would be irresponsible not to cash out at those prices!

So it's been less than a week and the Brett Siff has dropped by well over 50%. Top sale was an auction that ended on 5/24 for $1290 (two BINs the next day for $1299, but it looked like the same card from the same seller, so that's weird). One ended yesterday at $480. Still decent, looks like most of the in-hand Jeters are going for less than $100 now. I've never seen cards have this kind of crazy swing before.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
So it's been less than a week and the Brett Siff has dropped by well over 50%. Top sale was an auction that ended on 5/24 for $1290 (two BINs the next day for $1299, but it looked like the same card from the same seller, so that's weird). One ended yesterday at $480. Still decent, looks like most of the in-hand Jeters are going for less than $100 now. I've never seen cards have this kind of crazy swing before.
People with more money than brains.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Some of the early sellers that got the high prices are now getting return requests as the price has fallen so far on some..

I've been picking up a couple here and there of the ones that I like..

I know I will be picking up the Griffey Baller when it's available..

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just started getting interested in these for McGwire. Just got to decide if it is worth the chase.

Depending on the card, there is an initial run up in price until they actually ship.. when people start getting them, the prices might come down..

I just have been getting the cards I like.. Some of the Ballers, and Oldamalan..

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Anyone notice the sale prices of the Artist Proofs have tripled? Originally, the APs were $99.99, now Topps has them for $299.99. Hopefully the artists are getting a bigger cut of that!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Anyone notice the sale prices of the Artist Proofs have tripled? Originally, the APs were $99.99, now Topps has them for $299.99. Hopefully the artists are getting a bigger cut of that!

They raised the price to try and stop the people who use bots to order the A/P's..

Several people from the FB group "Topps Project 2020" have tried to get the A/P's.. but they noticed that the same sellers on EBAY were getting them.. hmmm

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
It’s been interesting watching print runs based on player, artist, eye appeal, etc. Then there was a rush to buy thanks to some media coverage and BOOM! The Keith Smart Griffey is the highest print run. Just can’t dig his style. The new Clemente is gorgeous, though.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
It’s been interesting watching print runs based on player, artist, eye appeal, etc. Then there was a rush to buy thanks to some media coverage and BOOM! The Keith Smart Griffey is the highest print run. Just can’t dig his style. The new Clemente is gorgeous, though.

I ordered some of these..

0078-front.png0103-front.png

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

Attachments

• A60CF2E4-A8B5-4550-8947-396C598FC262.jpeg
    A60CF2E4-A8B5-4550-8947-396C598FC262.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Latest posts