Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Put this guy in the UFC HOF!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Damn, he's 16-10! Just like the unworthy Randy Couture!!!

MURILO NINJA!!!

ninja_v4.JPG

I know, I know, he's never fought in the UFC, but he has fought in PrideFC, and Pride is now owned by Zuffa, so I say ************* put him in!!!!

I mean, he's beat the likes of Xavier Foupa-Pokam, Joey Villasenor, Mark Weir, Alex Andrade, and went to a freaking draw with Akihiro Gono.

He's only been beaten by the likes of Dan Henderson, Ricardo Arona, Rampage Jackson (although it was a ******** decision and 'Page knew it and tried to offer him the trophy), Dennis Kang and Ruthless Robbie Lawler.........pretty much anyone with talent he's faced. :shock:

I mean his next fight is against Alex Stiebling for Christ's sake!! How much bigger can that fight be?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
Do you really believe Randy Couture does not belong in a MMA HOF?

In a MMA HOF someday, yes. In the UFC HOF RIGHT NOW? **** no!

I don't believe any active fighter should be in any HOF. He could have a LOSING RECORD by the time he is all said and done.

Would that really be worthy of the Hall of Fame?

There should be a system like baseball, where they let enough time pass to make sure they are REALLY done fighting before they are allowed to be inducted.

****, we might as well put Forrest in now. He's done just as much for the popularity of the UFC as Handy has if you think about it, they have similar records, HE'S never taken HIS ball and went home, or filed suits against the UFC, and he's not done fighting yet. Sign his ass up!

I've never bought into the Couture 'Captain America Everyone's Hero' ********. Blah blah blah, he's just another fighter.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Sam Banks said:
JzWand said:
Do you really believe Randy Couture does not belong in a MMA HOF?

In a MMA HOF someday, yes. In the UFC HOF RIGHT NOW? frack no!

I don't believe any active fighter should be in any HOF. He could have a LOSING RECORD by the time he is all said and done.

Would that really be worthy of the Hall of Fame?

There should be a system like baseball, where they let enough time pass to make sure they are REALLY done fighting before they are allowed to be inducted.

shat, we might as well put Forrest in now. He's done just as much for the popularity of the UFC as Handy has if you think about it, they have similar records, HE'S never taken HIS ball and went home, or filed suits against the UFC, and he's not done fighting yet. Sign his ass up!

I've never bought into the Couture 'Captain America Everyone's Hero' *censor*. Blah blah blah, he's just another fighter.

So so so wrong.

The one thing I agree with you is the waiting period. But everything else is just plain wrong. You have to take into context the impact of his figths.
When he fought Vitor back in 97, he was a HUGE underdog.
He was one of the only early day tournament winners who was able to round out his skills enough to still be relevant today.
Consistantly fought bigger, stronger guys and still did pretty well for the most part!

Take away the RINGS loses for a moment and think that his only UFC loses are to Barnett, Ricco, Liddell x 2, Lesnar and Nogueira. All legit competition when they fought.
He also had a very unlucky loss to Vitor when Vitors glove slice his eyelid open in the first minute of their rematch.
Now, wins over Liddell, Tito, Sylvia, Gonzaga, Vitor x 2, Rizzo and Randelman. When he beat those guys, they were the top of the food chain so how is he just another fighter when he has won titles in 2 different weight classes and consistanly fought and challenged the best?

Regarding his Captain America image, I am not into that type of stuff and to be honest, I watch fighters fight, not be good people. If they are as well, great but its not a prerequisite for me.
To be honest, if Osama Bin Laden was a top ranked fighter, I woul dbe interested in his fights as well.

Just out of curiosity Sam, when did you start becoming an MMA fan?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
He also had a very unlucky loss to Vitor when Vitors glove slice his eyelid open in the first minute of their rematch.

I watched that entire PPV yesterday. I bought the DVD the other day.

I just started gettting hardcore into it in the last 3 years. I watched casually before, but never hardcore like I have the last couple years.

And I know where you are going with this, because I have heard it all before. But I didn't start watching because of The Ultimate Fighter or because of Brock Lesnar. I had never watched TUF until the later seasons.

I watch all the fights I can. The new fights, any old fights or events I can find. I am not just a casual fan, it's pretty much all I do when I am on the internet is read MMA news and watch old fights.

I know my history, it's all I do is try and learn more everyday, and I am aware of everything you are saying about Couture. I understand it. I just don't like his record, and all of the acclaim he gets for it being so lackluster honestly.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Sam Banks said:
JzWand said:

I just started gettting hardcore into it in the last 3 years. I watched casually before, but never hardcore like I have the last couple years.

And I know where you are going with this, because I have heard it all before. But I didn't start watching because of The Ultimate Fighter or because of Brock Lesnar. I had never even seen TUF before I started watching.

I watch all the fights I can. The new fights, any old fights or events I can find. I am not just a casual fan, it's pretty much all I do when I am on the internet is read MMA news and watch old fights.

I know my history, it's all I do is try and learn more everyday, and I am aware of everything you are saying about Couture. I understand it. I just don't like his record, and all of the acclaim he gets for it being so lackluster honestly.

UFC 46 I believe was when Vitor threw the punch. Good event. Mir ko'd Sims, BJ smacked Hughes around.

I actually wasnt going where you thought I was when I asked you when you became a fan.
I wanted to know because to truly understand the impact of his wins over guys like Rizzo, Vitor and Liddell, you had to have been a fan at the time to understand how true of an underdog he really was. Vitor was mowing through people at an alarming pace. Rizzo was a GREAT standup fighter for his time. Liddell was in essence the heir apparant to Tito at 205 when Couture moved down in weight at 43 to defeat him.

I can say I know Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, hit 60 in 1927, nailed 1000 prostitutes etc, but unless I was around back then its impossible to gauge the actual impact of his feats.
When and if you have kids, they wont fully understand how great of a hitter Pujols was either.

Thats what I was getting at and you cant go back and get those feelings through a DVD 6 or 7 of in Vitor's case 12 years later.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The fighter that made me decide to get into MMA hardcore was Rich Franklin.

It was April 9, 2005. When I watched him beat the **** out of Ken Shamrock on Spike TV. It was actually The Ultimate Fighter Season 1 Finale now that I do some research. But I still didn't watch TUF for a few years after that because I didn't have Spike TV for a long time.

I still haven't seen all of the 1st season, or any of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. First one I watched from start to finish was when Forrest coached against Rampage.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
Sam Banks said:
JzWand said:

And I know where you are going with this, because I have heard it all before. But I didn't start watching because of The Ultimate Fighter or because of Brock Lesnar. I had never even seen TUF before I started watching.

UFC 46 I believe was when Vitor threw the punch. Good event. Mir ko'd Sims, BJ smacked Hughes around.

I actually wasnt going where you thought I was when I asked you when you became a fan.
I wanted to know because to truly understand the impact of his wins over guys like Rizzo, Vitor and Liddell, you had to have been a fan at the time to understand how true of an underdog he really was. Vitor was mowing through people at an alarming pace. Rizzo was a GREAT standup fighter for his time. Liddell was in essence the heir apparant to Tito at 205 when Couture moved down in weight at 43 to defeat him.

I can say I know Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, hit 60 in 1927, nailed 1000 prostitutes etc, but unless I was around back then its impossible to gauge the actual impact of his feats.
When and if you have kids, they wont fully understand how great of a hitter Pujols was either.

Thats what I was getting at and you cant go back and get those feelings through a DVD 6 or 7 of in Vitor's case 12 years later.

Yeah, it was 46 Super Natural. I bought it because I wanted to watch the entire Mir/Sims fight. And GSP's UFC debut against The Heat, and for BJ taking Hughe's belt. Was a good overall show sans the main event.

I totally understand what you are saying. It's like trying to explain the Home Run Chase of 98, or trying to explain how great Michael Jordan really was to the children today. You can't really capture the true essence of it through words. You had to experience it. And if I was a hardcore fan back then, I may like Randy now. But I wasn't, so I'm not. And I am able to admit that.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I'll make this simple for you Sam.

Without the big three - Wand, Liddell, and Randy - the UFC would be nowhere near it's current state. Together, the three of them defined the UFC in the mainstream, and brought in fans from all over the world.

At this point, who cares about Randy's record in the cage. We should be looking at what he has done for the sport almost single-handedly, as well as his overall accomplishments.

He deserves the HOF....now.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
NECpilgrims8 said:
I'll make this simple for you Sam.

Without the big three - Wand, Liddell, and Randy - the UFC would be nowhere near it's current state. Together, the three of them defined the UFC in the mainstream, and brought in fans from all over the world.

At this point, who cares about Randy's record in the cage. We should be looking at what he has done for the sport almost single-handedly, as well as his overall accomplishments.

He deserves the HOF....now.
As much as I hate to say you must put Tito in with those three. I also agree with you 100%

Members online

Latest posts