Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

QUEENCITY-SPORTSCARDS & other forgers/alterers ~UPDATE~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Re: SHOELESS-JOEJACKSON (eBay seller) & other forgers/alterers

andyduke86 said:
NYCrulesU said:
andyduke86 said:
NYCrulesU said:
It amazes me that there is so much proof on Kevin Burge that people haven't gotten together and filed a multi class action lawsuit brought against him for fraud. Everyone talks about stopping him, popping off at the mouth to him at shows and so on but nobody seems to have the sense to ACTUALLY do something that will lead to eventually stopping him. He commits theft by deception, mail fraud and if I thought about it I could come up with a handful of other charges.

All it takes is one person to compile all of the photo evidence of atlered cards. Put together a list of his MANY ID's and contact a member who happens to be an attorney (I'm sure there are more than one) and would be willing to file the suit for the betterment of the hobby as a whole.

If only it was that easy

It is that easy. Alot easier than you think. All it takes is people who have bought altered cards from him to stop whinning and decide to put a stop to it. Trust me, one person can put a stop to a scammer/thief like him ;) . It might take tireless hours of effort, repeated phones calls, court appearances etc but it can be done. I won't get into details but I KNOW, from direct personal experience, what it takes to bring down a bigtime internet scammer/thief. It's not a walk in the park, but it can be done with some determination and hard work.

This case would easier because of all the smart members that have saved photos of altered cards already. But, as usual, everyone would rather sit back and complain and watch this guy ruin the hobby and reap the rewards for being a thief and a slimeball.

my point exactly. It can be done but it is not easy, as you mention. Tireless hours of efford, phone calls, court appearances aren't easy and cost money

It all depends on how important it is to you. Clearly, most like to just whine and do nothing. Fair enough. Hoepfully eventually this guy will sell to the wirng person and someone will take the right steps to stopping him. Maybe then all the other followers will step up to the plate. Maybe not. We'll see.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

Can the manufacturers, who actually have the resources, have any sort of a claim against him for anything?

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum

Brewer Andy said:
Can the manufacturers, who actually have the resources, have any sort of a claim against him for anything?

Legally, I'm sure they could. For altering their product without their consent. But the reality of it is once they print/package/sell, they really don't care. It's going to take a fed up collector to put a stop to him. Make enough phone calls blowing the whistle on this guy and eventually you'll get the right person on the other end.

I'll go this far to say,

If someone, ONE person, wants to compile EVERY piece of evidence and information andsend it to me in PM I will take a look. That means photos, userd ID's, Ebay ID's, names, addresses, and anything that could be of use. Not just a handful of links. I will make a few calls and see if I can't get the ball rolling. Apparently no one else will, so I may as well.

I will only put myself out there for this IF I receive all of the information as orderly as possible. If anyone has files saved of info, just PM for an email address and you can forward the files to me.

If people want this thief stopped, this is your best chance. I can only imagine I'm going to hear a bunch of whining about my offer now too. ::facepalm::

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Btw, this guy who i will not name by name is probably on strike 2 of a 3 strike program.

1 more offense would probably cost jail time.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

cgilmo said:
Btw, this guy who i will not name by name is probably on strike 2 of a 3 strike program.

1 more offense would probably cost jail time.

Good to know. One more and he could be out of our hobby for good. Makes it even more worthwhile to go after him.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

It would be more beneficial to file suit in the state where he lives to get personal jurisction . . . so unless he lives in Florida, which he doesn't, I can't help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts