Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for Yankee fans/ trade gurus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Was talking with some friends about this and we couldn't come up with a modern player.

Who was the last prospect or rookie the Yankees traded who went on to become a star?

The best player we thought of was Buhner and the last "decent" player was Austin Jackson.

Are we leaving out anyone?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Tyler Clippard is a two-time All Star, not a star, but still a good bullpen piece for a long time. The second time the Yankees traded him away, they also gave up Blake Rutherford, who could be a star. Ian Kennedy was a legit ace for a few years. Nick Solak, maybe gets there. Mike Lowell, if you go back a little further.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
One I thought was going to bite the Yankees and he turned out okay was Eric Milton. He had a decent career and his numbers may have been better with some of those Yankee teams. Other examples I’m sure are better but he always comes to mind when I think of this subject.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Mark Melancon not a star, but very solid
has had a few good seasons as a closer, 3x all star, up to 221 career saves,
real nice run 2013-2016 had an ERA of about 2.00 over about 300 appearance / 300 IP
having a great season this year with 16 saves for the Padres already,
on track to another 50 saves season [he had 51 in 2015 for the Pirates.]
With Mariano Rivera, and Dave Robertson, and Aroldis Chapman, the Yankees didn't have a place for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts