Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on 1997 SPX Grand Finale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I'm going to spill the beans. I was the one who purchased the 1997 SPX Grand Finale. Had some ebay bucks that needed spending and decided to make a stab at it. Well, looks like it's going to have a nice brand new shiny hard plastic house to live in.

sandberg.jpg

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Wowie zowie, that's a gorgeous card. Congrats. All of us Sandberg collectors who don't have that one yet are very jealous!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
JVC said:
thelesquad said:
So is this the same card that was just sold for $325 slabbed?

That it is.

Nicely done. I had it on my watch list to see how long it'd take. Now I need to find out who bought it to see if it was a fellow Sandberg collector (just for curiosity sake).

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
thelesquad said:
JVC said:
thelesquad said:
So is this the same card that was just sold for $325 slabbed?

That it is.

Nicely done. I had it on my watch list to see how long it'd take. Now I need to find out who bought it to see if it was a fellow Sandberg collector (just for curiosity sake).

It most certainly was a Sandberg collector. This guy has asked me to end just about every Sandberg auction I've had up in the past year.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I bought a couple boxes of this years ago.What a pretty looking set.I remember going through the cards, and not being able to distinguish all the parallels apart.I remember the steel and silver parallels looked almost the same too_One of these years I will go back through those boxes and see if I have any of the Grand Finale--I was thinking they were numbered to 50 all along.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Still on the search years later..... this one is on eBay right now. It does NOT appear to be a real GF, just a gold paralell but I tried to politely talk to the seller to consider it may be listed wrong, and they seem to be content having it misleading people and pretending its a "PSA Error" on the slab label. Posting pics of the card he has, and my conversation with him so people can know. Hopefully nobody falls for it. Obviously I COULD have bought it already, but its not a GF, so I'm not buying it. Wish he would take it down though. Cant stand the throught of someone payoing this much $ for a Gold one.

CARD for SALE
1626115509136.png

MY QUESTION and THEIR Response
1626115582372.png

Jeter GF example I sent as a picture to show an example of a PSA slabbed GF

1626115685963.png

Members online

Latest posts