Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

R.I.P Dick Allen...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I am a lifelong Phillies fan but Allen was in his prime right around when I was born and he was gone by the time I really started to learn the game. I always heard "he was great but..." and there is no but, he was just great. I picked his RC up over the summer, and I'm glad I did.
1964t-allen-jpg.115326

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sad day for baseball...
lets share our cards of his!
View attachment 119151
Excellent card, love that set. I know he only played 1 year, but another Dodger gone...That probably explains the ebay account that was supposedly Dick Allen or someone representing him. They started selling signed Allen cards a while back, then stopped completely very abruptly abruptly after only a short time being active.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Sad day for baseball...
lets share our cards of his!
View attachment 119151

Exact auto in my PC, bought a few years ago. Only certified Topps autograph available? He doesn’t really have many options for autographs from other companies either. One of the most underrated players of his era, and should be in the HOF.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Exact auto in my PC, bought a few years ago. Only certified Topps autograph available? He doesn’t really have many options for autographs from other companies either. One of the most underrated players of his era, and should be in the HOF.

I know he has a 2001 Fleer GoTG auto but I'm pretty sure you're right that it is his only Topps issue.

Members online